BOSE NC 700 UC - Not Connecting To USB Link

Hi,

Firmware Version

App Version

Bose Music - 4.2.4

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Laptop, Windows 10

A detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I have just received the Bose 700 UC for Christmas to help me in the new year connect with my clients however I can not get it to pair with the 'USB Link' for the teams functionally on my work laptop (which is what I bought it for). It connects absolutely fine to my iPhone 12 Pro Max running IOS 14.3. However, I can not get the 'USB Link' to pair with the headphones at all, which given the fact they shipped together in the same case is very a disappointing start! The 'USB Link' just blinks blue rapidly and then after around 5 mins it goes out, the headphones (BOSE NC 700 UC) themselves blink blue slightly more slowly then go out. The laptops see the 'USB Link' and the default audio is set to them both on the laptop and in teams app. So that part of the 'USB Link' seems to be working, but without the Bluetooth being paired no sound comes out of the headphones; which is definitely a flaw in the functionality of the product! 

What environment do you experience the issue in?

Home Office

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Since New

Any troubleshooting steps you took

I have tried on three different computers all running Windows 10 and have also tried the reset as documented online in the forums a few times and still no joy.

5 REPLIES 5
Hector_B

Re: BOSE NC 700 UC - Not Connecting To USB Link

Hey thomassw, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Sorry to hear that you have had issues with setting up your new headset. 

We have some great troubleshooting steps here for the USB Link. As well as further troubleshooting steps for Bluetooth related issues here

Please do update us on the result of these steps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jablies
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2021

Did you find a solution to this?? I'm having the same exact issue and cannot figure it out.

calebreed
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2021

Exactly the same issue. Bose link is at the latest firmware as are the headphones. Really disappointing at this price point it just doesn't work

laimheloc
Participant
Registered since

Mar 5, 2021

The USB Link instructions say to plug it in and the light starts blinking blue, which it does. They omit that the end of the USB Link device is actually a button.  

Plug it in, wait for the blinking blue, then hold the USB Link button down for a couple seconds and let go, then put your headset into connection mode.  Once I realized the stupid button was on the USB Link, it worked easily.

Tapan Majumdar
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2020

I just lost connection in middle of a call, Its so embarrassing that i couldn't connect as the usb dongle just wont pair.

Had to pair it back but now it will remain connected (active)to my laptop all the time and i cant get audio from my phone unless i plug out the dongle.

Going back to using Jabra again. This is a hopeless product.