cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nik.tuenn
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

BOSE NC 700 UC - Teams certified but still no mute button!?

I started with the normal, non-uc NC700 some moths ago but with limited speech-quality on Windows systems I had to send them back. 

BOSE announced the UC series so I decided to wait for 'em and also was curious to see about the "Teams certification".

Even though speech quality got really seriously improved on Windows systems, the issue with respect to the missing mute functionality is the same as faced with the NC700.
And at that stage, I really start questioning what is needed to get a Teams certification?

A mute functionality is key those days within an office-environment and should in my opinion be part of such certification. It's not only about muting the background noices (that get filterd out really really amazingly good!!) but also about what I say to a colleague...

Looking forward for your ideas and remarks about this!

BR Nik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
demvin
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 15, 2020

Re: BOSE NC 700 UC - Teams certified but still no mute button!?

Author Accepted Answer selected by nik.tuenn

I have the 700 UC and the documented tap and hold the touch controller to mute and unmute is working for me.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JRP-1001
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

I am very interested in these since they are Teams Certified; however, the Mute Button is definitely a deal breaker.  I am in a lot of Teams Meetings, and often people stop by and I want to mute, so that I can talk to someone and without a mute button, these definitely are not a good option.

Will BOSE be upgrading to add a Mute Button in the future?  Without this feature, I am not interested.

demvin
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 15, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by nik.tuenn

I have the 700 UC and the documented tap and hold the touch controller to mute and unmute is working for me.

View solution in original post

Charlotte_G

Hey @nik.tuenn & @JRP-1001, thanks for posting! 

The Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 UC do in fact have mute functionality. To mute the headset when connected via the USB Bluetooth Link, @demvin is correct that you hold the touch sensor. When the USB Bluetooth Link is not connected, hold the voice assistant button to mute/unmute.

I hope this helps! 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
nik.tuenn
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

Apologies for being this harsh, you’re fully right: whilst connected with the Bose 360, it’s different (hold Touch area) then once connected to anything else (hold voice assistant).

Not really intuitive in my eyes but at least ist works.

Thanks for helping me out!!

itai cherfas
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2021

Hi,

I have recently purchased my Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 without the UC model.

I have tried to mute a Microsoft Teams call with the voice assistant button as I don't have the USB Bluetooth Link and I'm unable to mute myself. In the official FAQ it states the following:

Can existing Bose Headphones 700 be upgraded to the “UC” version?

Existing NCH 700 customers can purchase a USB Link on Bose.com. Updating your headset firmware will allow you to pair with the USB Link and get all the benefits of the NCH 700 UC.

My firmware is 1.8.2-11524+e0f7590 (latest)

Do I need to do anything special in order to get that functionality? 

Do I have to purchase the USB dongle to get the UC version firmware?

Vicky_W

Hey Itai Cherfas, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

Can I please ask, when taking a normal call, does the mute button work at all? This should work so long as the connected device is saying to the headset "I'm being used for a phone call" in simple terms. Can I please ask what setting is the headset being used with on the computer, stereo sound, or HFP/HSP mode? If in "stereo" it may be outputting phone call audio to the headset, meaning the headset's not actually in use for phone calls in the eyes of the headphones, therefore the button wouldn't cause the microphone to mute. Using the NC 700 UC's is a great workaround for this, as they are specifically designed for conference calls being certified with Microsoft teams. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
gobenaus
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2021

Hi,

I do have a related question that seems to fit into this overall topic. I just bought a set of Bose 700 NC headsets, but my main purpose will be to use them for conference call. I did not even know they Bose 700 UC existed. Based on this post, simply buying the additional Bose USB Link will turn the 700 NC into 700 UC. Is this a correct statement. Having good voice quality is the main purpose for this purchase and I want to know whether I should return the 700 NC and order 700 UC or whether it is simply a matter of ordering the USB Link.

Thanks.

stondo
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2021

I have the Bose NC 700 UC connected via the USB link (and simultaneously to an iPhone 8).  At first the mute functionality did not work, either by the voice assist or through the touch sensor.  Then at some point it started working.  I had completed a firmware update on the headset which I attributed to fixing the issue.  However, just recently, it stopped working again.  I'm really frustrated because I use them for work all day, every day, and this functionality is crucial.  Please help. 

stondo
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2021

One other point.  Now when I touch and hold the touch sensor it tells me what the battery life is rather than muting the call.