Hi BOSE

My brand new BOSE NC 700 will not turn on! I've tried to

- short-press all 3 buttons

- long-press all 3 buttons

- hold down each of the 3 buttons for min 10 sec

Nothing happens what-so-ever.

Previously, I've tried the following steps:

1. Headset unpacked
2. App downloaded (Android on OnePlus 5)
3. Headset turned on, paired succesfully
4. Product activation completed
5. Buttons tried out without music, but noice cancellation steps worked fine. Google Assistent worked fine.
6. Headset turned off
7. Connected to wall-charger for 15 seconds, then disconnected from charger
8. Now cannot turn on!
9. Connected to USB port on PC for a while - at least 30 mins
10. Visited Bose support site - downloaded BoseUpdateInstaller 6.0.0.4388
11 Went to Bose firmware update website, started BoseUpdateInstaller using admin priviledges. BSOD!
12 Step 11 tried again - still BSOD

Can I somehow factory reset the headset?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

Re: BOSE NC 700 will not turn on

Author Accepted Answer selected by cwturtle

... and while I was writing my question, I was charging the headset on my PC - and now it works! It seems to say "8 hours remaining" - however the first half second of this speach is cut away. The screen on my phone says 40% batteri left on the headset.

Anyway, not it all seems to work, which is nice. I will give it some more testing now.

View solution in original post

73 REPLIES 73
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

NC 700 Red/White blinking LED

I left my headphones charging and when I went to get them they wouldn't turn on, and are now blinking red and white

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Re: NC 700 Red/White blinking LED

I had this happen a few nights ago when the battery died rather abruptly. I grabbed the cable that I had just used to charge my phone - Android, using the same type "C" connector - and plugged it into my new NCH700s. It immediately started blinking red/white. Thought it might be caused by a non-Bose cable, so grabbed the cable supplied with my headset, plugged it into the same charger and the headphones. It began to blink the same red/white for a few ticks then started blinking white (indicating it was charging). Left it charging 'till next morning and observed the LED was solid white (indicating fully charged). However, when powering up, the voice told me that battery was very low. So, plugged it back in and it blinked white going solid after about 30 minutes. Powered up, voice says I now have 20+ hours. It seems to be behaving normally, however I haven't tried to charge since then.

While I can't find anything that says the user must use the Bose supplied charging cable, you may want to try that if you haven't already.

Highlighted

Hello jeremiabryan, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your new Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

@rcpost Thank you also for your post. I'm glad to hear that your headphones have resumed functionality. Of course, if you do get any more problems, get back to us and we'll be happy to help. 

@jeremiabryan Could you please confirm that you are using the official charging cable provided with the headphones?

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by cwturtle

... and while I was writing my question, I was charging the headset on my PC - and now it works! It seems to say "8 hours remaining" - however the first half second of this speach is cut away. The screen on my phone says 40% batteri left on the headset.

Anyway, not it all seems to work, which is nice. I will give it some more testing now.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello cwturtle, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community, welcome to the site. 

I'm sorry to hear you had issues with your headphones not powering on, but am glad to hear this has resolved itself for you. 

Please be aware that charging via the built-in USB on a computer, will always yield a much slower charge, and connecting via a smartphone/wall charger is recommended for a faster, more efficient charge. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

I have the same problem of red/white LED blinking alternatively. I charged it with the official cable provided from Bose. I charged it with my computer for 2days before I had this symptom. What should I do?

Highlighted

Hello @ysj,

Thank you for contacting the community. 

This LED signal would indicate that there is an error with your headset. I am very sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Please contact your regions Bose product support team for further assistance regarding this.  Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent will happily assist you. 

Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

I have the same issue, followed the same protocol as the topic originator.  They worked on the day I received them, I kept them charged, reflected 9 hours listen time, then they shut off and cannot turn them back on.  Nor will they take a charge, nor can I update the firmware.

This is the second pair, first I exchanged for these.  Not very happy with Bose at the moment as I am wasting a ton of time just getting basic functionality.  I am returning these for good if I cannot get them working by end of week.

Please advise.

Highlighted

Hello Jackandeddy,

Thank you for joining the conversation. 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your NC Headphones 700. 

I would first suggest resetting the headphones. This can be done by disconnecting all cables from the headphones. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup. Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds.

Do the headphones show any LEDs at all?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G