Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Re: BOSE NC 700 will not turn on

What kind of wall charger do you recommend? I can use old iPhone's charger or 61W from my MacBook. You always say wall charger but don't give any spec what is recommenced max power.

Highlighted

Hello Kristof46, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

You are able to use any USB wall charger that falls within the ranges of Input: 100-240v, 50/60Hz and Output: 5v DC, 1A. 

We always recommend using the provided Bose charging cable as this is the one that is designed to work best with the headphones. 

I hope this answers your questions, if not please let me know what other information you need. 

Kindest Regards, 

Vicky W 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

Personally I would use one of the lower wattage chargers. This is not backed by anything other than a feeling that the higher wattage might cook the battery in the 700's.  ...they recover quickly anyway

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

5V 1A means 5W. It is not fast charging. How is it possible that your headphones can charge faster than any other? 

Highlighted

Hello Kristof46, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Our website does not state that we have a fast charger, it states that the headphones are fast charging. Meaning they charge quicker than any other of our headphones. A 2.5-hour charge on our custom-designed lithium-ion rechargeable battery can provide up to 20 hours of full-featured audio playback.

As I use these headphones on an almost daily basis I can confirm that this is correct and that these headphones do charge this quickly. 

I am sorry for any confusion caused by the wording on our website. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

I have a brand new pair of 700’s. Bought at the airport before a 10 hr flight. Had the exact same experience.  Worked fine out of the box - once. Now it’s bricked. Can only get it to life by plugging in while holding the power button - but still cannot get it to pair. 

This is obviously a known issue and shows a shocking lack of QC by Bose for a flagship product. What an absolute joke. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

all this happened to me too.. 

At first I visited this forum because I was unable to connect my brand new nc 700s to my Android phone (Galaxy S10).. As I was told on the official Bose Support-Page, I tried to reset them with this weird plug into a wall charger and hold the power-button procedure. Nothing happened even after charging them to 100% a few minutes ago. After that, they completely died and nothing worked anymore. I thought that this is an update issue or something, so i tried to install the update manually by Computer. Nothing happened again. The Computer recognizes the headphones but they don't respond at all.

I cannot repeat enough, how much money you spend on headphones from an experienced company and then receiving this..:(

And it seems, that I am by far not the only one with this issue.

I really like Bose but this is making me go to another brand with better alternatives.

Greetings 

Max

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

This is happening to me as well. ...This is my second pair of defective NC700's.

This issue really started happening to me once I tried to enable the google voice assistant with mine ( that doesn't work either).

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

I now had this same issue once again! It appears to happen if I try to charge the headset using a power adapter, which is "too powerful" - which can provide too much power to the headset.

I solved the issue by connecting a small power adapter (max. 0.5 A) while holding Powerbutton down for 2 seconds.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Re: Bose 700 Headphones won't turn on

This is the correct answer but it is quite shameful for Bose. Simply poor software development.