Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

Re: BOSE NC 700 will not turn on

I couldn’t wait so downgraded my nc700 and then returned to latest firmware and now it works fine.

It took only 10 mins to fix and if I didn’t know this method, I must send unit to Bose to fix it (Probably it takes few weeks in my country). I think BOSE should provide official tool to recover/downgrade firmware for red/white issue   

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2020

My head phones are dead today too.  Red white issue.  Cant reset or charge.  I'll call Bose tomorrow.  Very frustrated as I use them 5 or 6 hours a day for work.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

Second pair dead too....it's kinda disappointing for an high end product.

How did you downgrade the firmware? I'l try that too!

Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

Re: NC 700 Red/White blinking LED

Same thing here. Have used them for 3 months. Used yesterday then all of a sudden red & white flashing lights. Won't turn on. Won't pair. Won't reset. Have the latest v1.4.12 firmware. Have tried all steps advised by Bose in this thread. Using original charging cable. 

And, it feels next to impossible to reach help at Bose for these $400 headphones. Come on.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Mine just stopped working, red this forum went for a walk looked again and saw this last reply(65) which solved it for me. (for the time being)

Thanks for sharing ZotA

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Red/White blinking LED after last firmware update

Hi,

I have the same problem, just today. I have bought in March 2020... Works perfect until today.

I had 9 hours left when it happened. 

I have read all the messages here. I have tried to do the reset thing but it doesn't seems to work...

When I try to turn it on, it automatically shut down and the Red/White LED start blinking. I have it on plugged on the wall now for 30 minutes with its cable, but it is still blinking...

I am outside the US for the next 6 months and I have to spend 100$ to sent it back, which I obviously don't want to do. Anyway, I have been 10 minutes on the phone (calling Bose US) for now and no one is answering...

Thanks!

Any idea? Do you think I should wait for the whole night plugged to the wall?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Red/White blinking LED after last firmware update

Once I started getting the red white light I was never able to overcome it.  I bought an off brand of earbuds on Amazon for $30 bucks that have worked great as a backup to my $400 Bose headset.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2020

Re: NC 700 Red/White blinking LED

Well, same issue here.

My NC 700 just randomly shut off right in the middle of a conference call yesterday and doesn't want to turn on anymore. Red/white blinking light and when I tried turning it on it just shuts off immediately. Resetting it didn't do anything. I bought the **bleep** thing about 3 to 4 months ago. Never had a high price product fail on me this fast.

The thing still works with a 3.5 mm cable connected but, I mean, it's kinda useless now. Luckily I also have a pair of Sony WF1000XM3's and a NUForce BE Sport4. So, I guess I'll be using those for the time being.

Wish I waited for the Sony 1000XM4 to be honest.

Edit: Performed a downgrade, headphones are working again. Guess I won't be upgrading the firmware anytime soon.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2020

I have had the Bose 700s for about a year and a half now and they have been nothing but great, but after a 12 hour trip using them, they randomly stopped working when I got home. When I try turning them on, they make the noise of turning on and then immediately switch to the turn off noise and then the red and white light starts flashing. Not sure what firmware update killed it but I'm not in the mood to spend 400 on another pair. I also could not find a solution to the problem, including what they suggested to the stuttering issue.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

Update, I was shipped a replacement pair of 700s from Bose and after about a month of use, all is well.  Software was updated and still working.

Thank you Bose for making this right.