Highlighted
Smedberg
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

BOSE NC Headphones - Prevent bluetooth profile switching?

I use the BOSE 700 as headset/headphone on my computer.

Is it possible to prevent the 700 from switching to the Headphone profile when using the Headset profile on a Windows computer?

When I attend a Skype/Teams meeting (headset profile) I loose connection to the meeting for a few seconds when the computer wants to play other sounds for example New mail notification (headphone profile). I think the headset profile should have priority over the Headset profile so it does not interfere.

3 REPLIES 3
karthiksriram
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 27, 2019

Re: BOSE NC Headphones - Prevent bluetooth profile switching?

I have the same problem. Is there a known fix?

Hello everyone,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, that's very strange that you are encountering notifications interrupting your Team calls. I would be more than happy to help you out with this, I have done some testing in the office just now with Teams and I am not able to replicate this issue. Interestingly, I am not hearing notifications for emails or Team messages even with the headphones connected and no audio playing. I would recommend looking into these two threads they may be very helpful as there are suggested solutions, which are for the QC35 headphones but are still relevant to the NCH 700's for computer settings. Here are the threads https://bose.life/2lHFdpXhttps://bose.life/2nVARw9.

I hope this is helpful, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Smedberg
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Thanks for the suggested solutions.

It is the same problem but it does not really give a solution to the problem.

For example , this is not an issue with Sony wh-1000xm3 using the same Bluetooth profiles. (It just blocks the headphone profile from playing sounds when using the Headset profile)

I think Bose have to do some firmware changes to prioritize the Headset profile