Abhishubham
Participant
Registered since

Oct 15, 2020

BOSE QC 2 Mic not working on on macbook- Robotic sound

I just unboxed my new BOSE QC-II and on my apple iphone everything is good. but when i connect my Headphones to Macbook pro and use any application - sound recording, skype, Teams, Webex or anything- i can hear the other person clearly but people on other side compliant that my audio is not clear. They also mention that my audio is robotic. could you help me fix the issue. 

Regards

Abhi 

7 REPLIES 7
Jeff_G

Re: BOSE QC 2 Mic not working on on macbook- Robotic sound

Hi Abhi,

Thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the microphone on your new headphones.

To be sure, can you please confirm, are you referring to the QC35 II headphones? 

When pairing the headphones, can you please make sure that the audio input is set to the headphones. You can do this by going to Apple > System Preferences > Sound > Input. 

You may also need to check the audio input settings on the individual apps to ensure the headphones' mic is selected as the input device. 

If you have everything set up correctly and you find the microphone is still underwhelming, I would recommend disconnecting it, clear the device list of the headphones, then establish a new connection. 

Please let me know how you get on. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
mjr
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2020

This is happening to mine too! I think it is a wide known issue that macs and bose sound robotic. I had this happen with my last pair of bose QC35 1, and so i returned them and got the newer version (thinking it was a compatibility issue with the older model but it wasn't). These headphones started ok, and then after a couple times it started to sound robotic on the receiving end for everyone. 

Is there anything bose is doing to fix this compatibility issue? Its been going on for a couple of years at this point from looking at other reddit, or other bose threads. 

Regards,

MJR

Sam_F

Hey MJR,

I'm sorry to learn you're also encountering issues with the microphone of your headphones. Currently, there are no widely known issues but I'd be happy to provide assistance. Did you run through all recommend troubleshooting for this type of issue from our online support page HERE?

Do you encounter this problem when using the headphones with devices other than your Mac? Have you checked all firmware on your Mac is up-to-date to ensure maximum compatibility with the QC35 II headphones?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
cristianbulli
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2021

My Bose Quick 35 mic is not working too, works in Phone but not in MAc.... any advice?

Jessie_O

Hey Cristianbulli, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your QC35's. 

I would recommend trying the troubleshooting outlined in this thread. If you are still experiencing this issue, I would suggest updating the firmware. I have included the LINK HERE to assist you with this.

Let us know how you get on! 

jlittle3879
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2021

I am experiencing this same "robotic sound" issue with my connection to Mac. I have tried all of the troubleshooting tips suggested and updated the Bose app itself but still no luck. Voice sounds fine on my connected phone but sound robotic on all meeting services, voice recorders, or any other application using the microphone.

Any thoughts/ guidance?

365nice
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 30, 2020

I get this randomly as well - but not all the time like others seem to get. I have found the turning the headphones off and on seems to correct it (but totally disrupts my call). fortunately its not very often - but these headphone always leave me on edge, just waiting for the next thing to go wrong (often a call on my phone which disrupts everything).

Sadly they seem to be decent hardware with crappy software that Bose doesn't seem to be able or willing to correct. Well now I know and won't buy any more of their products. Shame