Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

BOSE QC 35 II drops connection in teams meetings

Hello,

I work a lot in the program called Microsoft Teams. You know, the program that is replacing Skype completely as that one is going end of life.

In the voice meetings I have, I use my BOSE QC 35 II, only issue is that it often actually drops connection mid call and I have to reboot the device to reconnect and then it works fine for a couple of minutes again.

This never happens when I listen to music from the computer bluetooth, nor the phone bluetooth. It just happens when I am connected to my Lenovo Thinkpad T480s and talking with someone in Microsoft Teams.

There is no warning, nor nothing. It just dies with the few soundnotifications that tells me that "I am now turning off".

How do I fix this? I cannot go through another day of meetings where I drop in and out every 5 minutes.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: BOSE QC 35 II drops connection in teams meetings

Hi Stoff, Thank you for your post and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with Microsoft Teams on your QC35 II's. 

I have included another thread linked HERE with a similar issue which I would recommend giving a read and trying the steps outlined there. 

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Hello, and thanks for trying.

However, these two reported issues don't really have anything in common in terms of what actually happens. In his/her case, the problem is that the voice that tells him/her that the other device is connected cancells out all other audio, in this case an current teams conversation - this is an design flaw, not a bug.

In my case, the headset disconnects and just turns off whilist talking, mid call. It is as if the device has not heard any audio come through for 5 minutes and just went to sleep mode. I believe this is an actual bug within the firmware, and a developer should take a serious look at it. I am personally a developer, but dabbing in other peoples software is something I try to steer clear of.

Highlighted

Hi Stoff, Thanks for coming back to me!

I'm sorry the thread wasn't as helpful as I would have helped. Did you try the steps out of curiosity? 

Do you use the Bose Connect app? I would recommend going to the settings and scrolling down to auto-off and selecting never. Hopefully, this will prevent your headphones from turning off during your calls. 

Let me know! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

While I would have liked to try something, this is an obvious bug in the firmware. Whatever action I take from this moment would be a workaround. For a premium product, I and I suspect a lot of other users expect, that it is patched when there are major bugs turning up.

In this case, you're asking me to remove the "auto-off", that is however a feature I would very much like to keep, as that is a safety feature for me to save battery whenever I miss to turn my headphones off. 

The bug itself needs to be fixed, no workaround should be acceptable to us nor to you in this case. As far as testing things, I would recommend that you try and reproduce this bug, as there is no way I can use these headphones in a meeting until it has been fixed. I stress again, this is a Major bug. Not being able to work with these headphones in one of the biggest corporate programs in the world should set off a lot of red flags in your developer offices.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

I agree that this is a bug that Bose should fix instead of just suggesting workarounds. With so many of us now having to work from home fixing this should be given a higher priority than it evidently has been in the past.