nz
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

BOSE QC 35 Using microphone mutes all other audio

I just got these headphones today and have been testing them out. Whenever the microphone turns on, not depending on if i'm in a game, in Discord or Skype, or in audacity; all of my other audio mutes and I can only hear myself. This is not a problem with the games or Discord, this is a problem with my Windows or Bose settings. I'm on Windows 10, version 1909, OS 18363.535. My headphones are on the latest version (4.5.2). I have went into the communications panel in sound settings and enabled the "Do nothing" option and I have also tried toggling the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" setting in the "advanced" tab of the headsets properties. This has gotten me nowhere. I have seen similar questions and none of them have an answer. I really need to be able to use the microphone and still hear audio at the same time and I don't want to have to return these headphones because of something like this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: BOSE QC 35 Using microphone mutes all other audio

Author Accepted Answer selected by nz

Hello nz,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed you cannot listen to audio at the same time as using the microphone. 

It sounds like when the headphones are in use for a call feature, they are using the HFP/HSP Bluetooth profile. To listen to your audio, the A2DP Bluetooth profile needs to be active. These cannot be used simultaneously on the headphones.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: BOSE QC 35 Using microphone mutes all other audio

Author Accepted Answer selected by nz

Hello nz,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed you cannot listen to audio at the same time as using the microphone. 

It sounds like when the headphones are in use for a call feature, they are using the HFP/HSP Bluetooth profile. To listen to your audio, the A2DP Bluetooth profile needs to be active. These cannot be used simultaneously on the headphones.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post