ameshy
Participant
Registered since

Aug 14, 2020

BOSE QC35 ii bad noise cancellation on music

Hello, 

I am using a BOSE QC35 ii headphones, configured to "High" noise cancellation.

While surrounding human talks noise is reduced, surround music is almost not reduced. Is that expected?

Thanks in advance.

Amir

5 REPLIES 5
Hector_B

Re: BOSE QC35 ii bad noise cancellation on music

Hello Ameshy, 

Thank you for posting for the first time onto the Bose Community! It's odd that your headset is lowering the volume when there is talking near you. 

Can you please let us know if this happens in all environments or just certain situations? I would also like to know if the issue happens across all types of streaming services or just when you are playing music? 

I'd recommend performing a reset on your headset by following these steps here: 

• Power off your product
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger
  • Wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset
  • Wait one minute
  • Power on your product.

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ameshy
Participant
Registered since

Aug 14, 2020

Hello Hector,

Thank you for the quick response.

The issue is NOT that the BOSE QC35 ii reduces the volume. It is about different qualities of noise cancellation. 

When the surrounding noise (environment noise) is human speaks, the noise-cancellation reduces volume of these sounds extensively.

However, when surrounding noise (environment noise) is music played (YouTube, for example), the noise-cancellation is quite poor.

I tried resetting the headphones and follow the procedure you suggested but the phenomenon is constant.

Thanks,

Amir

Hector_B

Thanks for updating me on this Ameshy. 

Can you please confirm if this issue happens within all different environments? 

Let's also ensure that your headset is up to date with the latest firmware version by connecting it to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable. Once connected please visit our online updater and following the on-screen instructions.

I would also like to know if this issue happens across devices or with a particular device connected? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
ameshy
Participant
Registered since

Aug 14, 2020

Thank you for the recent suggestion.

Below are the answers to your questions. 

Can you please confirm if this issue happens within all different environments?

AM> The noise cancellation is very poor for music. It is OK for other types of noise.

Let's also ensure that your headset is up to date with the latest firmware version 

AM> I performed the update as requested. Now the Firmware version on the device is 4.5.2.

There is no change in the noise-cancellation behavior.

Hector_B

Thanks for updating me on this Ameshy, 

As this issue still persists, I would recommend that we explore service options for your headset. To do this please reach out to us via this link here, the team will be able to assist you further with this. 

Sorry that this wasn't something we could resolve via the Community.