Highlighted
KingYellow
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 21, 2019

Re: BOSE QuietComfort 35 II keeps disconnecting / connecting and telling me my battery level

Hi Jeff,

Do I need to do the same stuff every time?

I did:

- Connect headphone to phone: Working fine

- Connect other bluetooth device to laptop: Working fine

- Connect headphone to laptop: Disconnecting / connecting and telling me my battery level.

Highlighted

Re: BOSE QuietComfort 35 II keeps disconnecting / connecting and telling me my battery level

Thank you, KingYellow. 

This certainly sounds like a compatibility issue with the laptop if the issue only occurs on that single device.

Are you using the built-in Bluetooth chip for the computer or a USB dongle? Also, does starting the laptop in safe-mode yield a different experience when connecting the headphones? 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
raju4886
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

I'm also facing  same issue..

I had connected to my laptop, while i'm listening continuously for  10-15min, its saying the battery level and disconnecting my headphone,

I tried the same with another blue-tooth headphone it is working fine without any disconnecting issues..

Highlighted

Hi Raju,

Thank you for joining us in the community. I'm sorry to hear you are also experiencing this issue.

Have you tried the troubleshooting mentioned in this thread already? If not I would recommend you start by doing so. Some extra information on using headphones with your computer can also be found HERE, the information in that thread will definitely help you with this.

If you have already tried all the troubleshooting mentioned previously, could you please also answer the questions @Jeff_G asked as this will help us troubleshoot with you?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
JustJabba
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

This is happening to me on my Windows 10 desktop using the Asus Bluetooth Adapter and my Samsung Galaxy S9+ on Android 10.

Things I have tried:

• Holding the Bluetooth for 10 seconds to clear the devices and resetting the connections
  • Resetting the headset itself
  • Only connecting to the Windows 10 desktop
  • Only connecting to the Samsung Galaxy S9+

I have tested some Logitech speakers on both devices using Bluetooth and these work fine.

Highlighted

Hi Justbabba,

Thank you for joining the conversation.

Just to be clarify with you, are you getting this disconnection when connected to either of your devices, or only when connected to both at the same time?

You have done a lot of really good troubleshooting already so thank you for doing that and letting us know. All of your steps are useful ones to try for any connectivity issue.

One other thing I would recommend you do is to make sure the headphones are fully up to date using our Device Updater on a computer. 

It would also be worth checking to see if there are any driver updates available for your Asus Bluetooth adapter, so you can make sure everything is running on the newest available firmware.

Let me know how you get on.

Highlighted
JustJabba
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

I've conducted more testing to see whether it is happening with multiple devices.

When connected solely to my Windows 10 device, I was disconnected after 17~ minutes

When connected solely to my Android device, I used the device for 25~ minutes and stopped testing after this - using just the Android device seemed to work. I'll look to see whether I get disconnected after more than 25~ minutes on Android but I don't typically use this device for long periods of time.

When connected to both devices, I disconnect after 10~ minutes. It might be worth noting that after performing the sole Android device test, when I then connected the Windows 10 device without restarting the bluetooth, I was almost instantly disconnected.

When using my headset with the wire on my Windows 10 device with ANC turned on (headset on), I experience a disconnect roughly every 15 minutes. This disconnect is slightly different in that the ANC seems to turn off, I get the staticy type of noise that typically signals this and then after 1~ seconds the ANC comes back on.

My headphones and bluetooth devices are up to date and I am still experiencing the same issue. Other bluetooth devices seem to work without issue.

Highlighted
JustJabba
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Small update on Android side:

When connected solely to Android I am experiencing disconnects on both wired and wireless after half hour.

Highlighted
Details_Matter
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 25, 2020

I am having the exact same issue.  My laptop is a Dell 7400.  All the bluetooth device drivers have been updated to the latest versions.  I am running Windows 10 build 1809.  I have an iPhone X.  When I connect to both devices, it connects and disconnects to the iPhone after a few minutes, while I am using my laptop.  If I turn off Bluetooth on the phone, phone notifications go away, but it disconnect from the computer after 10 minutes or so.  

I use my laptop for making VoIP calls when traveling.  Using the Bose headphones in a noisy environment is a big plus, but it looks like the connectivity issue is taking a while to resolve.  I will attempt to use my Powerbeat Pro II earphones in the meantime.

Thank you.