Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Re: BOSE QuietComfort 35 II keeps disconnecting / connecting and telling me my battery level

Hi, I have the exact same issue.

- When connected across Phone + PC the device disconnects from PC in 10ish minutes

- When connected only to PC, disconnects in 20ish minutes

please help as this is getting quite frustrating. I have already tried everything in this thread.

The headphones work perfectly with my phone, macbook, etc. but this problem exists in using my Windows Dell Laptop. 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOSE QuietComfort 35 II keeps disconnecting / connecting and telling me my battery level

I also have the same issue with Windows 10, this does not occur on my iphone.

on Iphone i can have about 2 hours of continuous connection.

on Windows 10 i have about 10-15mintues before bose tells me " disconnecting / connecting and telling me my battery level"

This issue happens even with a clean install of windows

up to date bluetooth drivers.

latest Bose firmware.

I have also modified windows bluetooth stack to prevent windows from turning off the power to this device.

Can someone at bose provide windows drivers or some kind of fix?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2020

I too have the same issue. It was working perfectly on my Samsung S7 and Samsung TV. It started to connect and disconnect right after I updated the firmware Version 4.5.2 for Bose QuietComfort 35 II. I guess its a very bad idea to update Bose Firmware as I see a lot of people have this issue but Bose doesn't seem to take notice.  Tried to reload firmware Version 4.5.2 but still having issues. Its not a device issue, its the firmware. BOSE PLEASE UPDATE OR LET US GO BACK TO THE OLDER FIRMWARE!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah buddy, this is pretty bad, i lost connection multiple times tonight and its normally once per long time. Occasionally i used to get the battery 30% message and it would disconnect.

Now i get 100%,90%,80%,70%,60%,50%,40%,30%,20%,10% and disconnect followed by each... if they dont sort this out its the last time im buying BOSE headphones.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2020

I have the same issue. I'm connected to my iphone and my work laptop which is a high-end HP.

Then after every 5 minutes, I get disconnected. It's annoying as I was hoping to take calls via skype/MS Teams on this device. Utterly useless on the laptop but works great with my iphone. I also tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned prior to this.

Last Bose product I will ever buy!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2020

I think I found my solution to the disconnecting reconnecting issue. I think it was caused by interference. I noticed that when my PC is on my bose headset bluetooth keeps connecting/disconnecting. I am pretty sure its the "STEAM CONTROLLER" dongle or my wireless keyboard/mouse that cause it to drop. My headset works great with my TV and phone now, just need to make sure my PC is off. Eventually i'll figure out the root cause, because I like to use the headset while playng games on the PC.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2020

I unplugged the bluetooth dongles. This didn't work for me unfortunately.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2020

Finally, Bose allow us to downgrade the firmware via https://btu.bose.com/

After downgrading, I haven't had any disconnection between my windows 10 and the bose

Not sure why it took this long, and many users report the issue after upgrading.   anyways, thank you

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2020

I guess i celebrate way too soon.  I still have the disconnect issues 😞

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

how exactly do you download the firmware?