Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Re: BOSE QuietComfort 35 II keeps disconnecting / connecting and telling me my battery level

Not sure what action did it but I:

• Disabled voice prompts
  • Disabled Google Assistant
  • Changed the button on the headphones to be noise cancellation mode

I don't appear to be getting the issue now but I've had to give up some functionality instead. I also haven't tested this for very long but I've been connected to my Windows 10 watching Netflix a lot recently. Haven't tried this on my Android device to see if the connection issue persists on this but Android was better with the connection originally.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Re: BOSE QuietComfort 35 II keeps disconnecting / connecting and telling me my battery level

I'm having the same issue as OP.

I feel like its definitely a windows 10 update but I'm not sure which ones as I've had multiple updates in a week.

I've tried to do the following:

- Update via the BTU Bose Updater for my headphones

- Clear Bluetooth list by holding the button to the right
- Reset headphone by connecting it with USB, turning it off and then on after recharging for 10 seconds.

Has there been any updates regarding this?

I am currently paired with my Pixel 3A and my laptop. My Pixel 3A has no problems keeping a connection but I always have intermittent disconnections with my QC35II on my laptop and its certainly been very frustrating.

I even tried to disconnect my Phone and have just 1 device connected to my laptop and still having issues with audio dropping and headphones reconnecting and telling me my battery level.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

Not sure if people are still having this issue. 

I think the issue to this is more within windows 10 than the headphones themselves. 

When going into Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound - > Devices and Printers

and find the name of your headphones, right click and select  Properties then Services. Unlike the the previous screen shoots I have had additional services selected. only select Audio Sink, Hands-free Telephony & Remote control.

Testing this on a Win10 1909 and have been running my headphones for an hour without any drop out or lag. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2020

I have done the change to the services in Windows 10 as indicated, and my headphones dropped off around 15 minutes into a team meeting.

Any additional suggestions for fixing this problem?  I really would like to use these headphones for work meetings, but I can't risk dropping audio.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2020

I can assure you the problem isn't (wholly) related to Windows 10 as I'm experiencing the same problem and don't have a Windows anything in my possession. I'm having the exact same problem when connected to my iPhone or my iPad. Installed the latest firmware last night with no improvement. I'll connect to my MacBook and see if I experience the disconnect thing.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2020

Experiencing same problem in two HP laptops running windows 10 home, same laptops running Linux no problem 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

I am also having this problem.  My headphones work for hours continuously with no issues with my iPhone but drop the connection with my Dell Windows10 laptop every 5 minutes - impossible to use for work calls so very annoying.  

I've tried all the suggestions in this thread - i'm still unclear if this is a Bose or laptop problem!

Bose - do you have any other ideas??

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

You could try these and should work out:

1. Disable bluetooth and delete all bluetooth connections from your phone/device. 

2. turn power off on bose qc35-II. Keep it like this for 1 min. 

3. Attach charging cable and charge QC-35-II for 10 secs. Remove the cable and turn on power

4. Slide to right most edge and keep for 10 secs until you hear "all connections cleared"

5. Turn bluetooth on and pair to device. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2020

ScorpionKing's suggestion didn't work for me. And I know it has nothing to do with a laptop as the only device I have that knows about the headphones was my iPhone. Played for about 20 minutes then disconnected.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2020

I've never had this problem until a couple of months ago. ScorpionKing's advice some how increased the amount of time it would stay connected (Thank you @scorpionking !) but then it disconnects still. It's so annoying especially when I'm in a conference call during this work from home period and I need that solid noise cancellation feature. @bose I'd like to know why you haven't said anything since 17 February 2020 yet? Are you guys looking into the issue on your end where the fault may lie on your end (which is completely fine as we are all human)? If you could please update us on what the plan is from your end, that would be great to know!