Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2020

BOSE SOUND SPORT FREE NOT WORKING

I have just received a brand new pair of Sound Sport Free from the Bose care centre and they are not working.

The case is fully charged. The left earbud only blinks white and not blue and the right ear is not responding with no lights at all.

I have installed the latest firmware, 28.0. Tried the 5 seconds with case open and then disconnect the USB lead and try after 1-2 minutes, uninstalled and reinstalled the Bose connect app and also removed all the pairing devices to phone. The ear buds are brand new so have never been paired with any other device.

I have had these before so know how to use them.

Can you help ???

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: BOSE SOUND SPORT FREE NOT WORKING

Hey Dazzler5711,

That sounds very unusual! To confirm, your right bud is not responding at all? Also, your left bud doesn't blink a blue LED, even when you press the Bluetooth button for about five seconds?

It seems that you've already tried a reset of the headphones, with no sign of improvement. The firmware is up-to-date, and if you're not able to pair the product to the Bose Connect app, then you may need to look towards the service options for this product.

To do this, go to Global Contact Page > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'. The team will be more than happy to walk you through the process to find you a resolution. Please let me know how you get on with this!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2020

Re: BOSE SOUND SPORT FREE NOT WORKING

Everything you have said is correct, I have tried everything.

The trouble I've had is I originally had a pair of the earbuds and kept cutting out because of the heat, way below the 122 degrees Bose specifies. I took them to the care support centre you are talking about as there is one here in Khobar in Saudi Arabia and these are the brand new earbuds they have given me where I am having the problems.

I feel Bose have let everybody down with this product as these are supposed to be one of the best on the market and very expensive but just don't preform well enough.