Highlighted
Robert Hj
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

BUG - Setting shortcut to "Hear battery level" resets everytime I power off the headphones (NC 700)

Subject pretty much covers the problem, it always resets the setting to "Enable/Disable Wake Word" every time I power off the headphones, really annoying since I want to have it configured as "Hear Battery Level"

I had the same issue on iOS 13.x and iPhone XS.

Hardware and software in use:

iOS 13.2

iPhone 11 Pro

Headphone firmware 1.2.11

Bose Music 2.4.4

7 REPLIES 7

Re: BUG - Setting shortcut to "Hear battery level" resets everytime I power off the headphones (N...

Hello Robert, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. Sorry that you are having some issues with the battery level voice prompt of your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

Can I ask how you are trying to set this shortcut on your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700?

The Enable/Disable Wake Word will be in reference to voice assistant access on your headphones. Can you please provide us with some screen shots if anything comes up within the Bose Music App?

Please let us know, we would love to do what we can to assist with this. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Robert Hj
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Re: BUG - Setting shortcut to "Hear battery level" resets everytime I power off the headph

IMG_0211.jpegIMG_0212.png

tomkirk
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Re: BUG - Setting shortcut to "Hear battery level" resets everytime I power off the headph

I also have this issue;

1. Set the device to hear battery level
  2. each time the device turns off and then on it resets back to wake word on/off shortcut and not the battery level that we set it to. 

Hello Robert and Tomkirk, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I would love to try some troubleshooting to see if we can resolve this issue. This will also allow me to collate some of the data needed to raise this with the engineering team should we not be able to resolve the issue. Let's start with the following: 

1. Go to http://btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software if the previous updates were done wirelessly. 

2. Perform a product reset, to do this:

- Disconnect all cables from the headphones.

- Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.

- Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.

- Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds.

3. Clear the Bluetooth device list on the headset by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button until you hear 'Device list cleared'.

4. Delete the headphones from the Bose Music app.

5. Uninstall and then reinstall the app.

6. Pair the headphones to your phone manually via Bluetooth.

7. Reconnect the headphones to the Bose Music app.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

tomkirk
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Hello,

1. I was able to perform the above steps you asked for,
  2. Went to the URL and made sure it was up to date
  3. Completed reset and reinstall the app
  4. Connected via iPhone Bluetooth first before setting up in-app and reconnecting. 
  5. The app had the shortcut set to 'wake word on-off'.
  6. I updated this to 'hear battery level' and tested it. - pass I was told of the battery level
  7. I turned off the headphones by pressing the Bluetooth button once. 
  8. I turned on the headphones by pressing the Bluetooth button once.
  9. I tested the shortcut - FAIL shortcut was reset back to wake word on-off. 

Robert Hj
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

After finishing the painfully long test process I end up with the same result, powering off the headphones resets the setting.

I'm returning these to the reseller, tired of having to deal with an unfinished product that wasn't ready for release!

qthompson
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

I am also experiencing the same issue. 

• My software is up to date
  • I performed the same process and got the same results

This should be an easy fix. Bose has really slacked on these headphones