Subject pretty much covers the problem, it always resets the setting to "Enable/Disable Wake Word" every time I power off the headphones, really annoying since I want to have it configured as "Hear Battery Level"
I had the same issue on iOS 13.x and iPhone XS.
Hardware and software in use:
iPhone 11 Pro
Headphone firmware 1.2.11
Bose Music 2.4.4
Thanks for reaching out to the community. Sorry that you are having some issues with the battery level voice prompt of your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700.
Can I ask how you are trying to set this shortcut on your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700?
The Enable/Disable Wake Word will be in reference to voice assistant access on your headphones. Can you please provide us with some screen shots if anything comes up within the Bose Music App?
Please let us know, we would love to do what we can to assist with this.
Tegan M - Community Support
I also have this issue;
Hello Robert and Tomkirk,
Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community Forums.
I would love to try some troubleshooting to see if we can resolve this issue. This will also allow me to collate some of the data needed to raise this with the engineering team should we not be able to resolve the issue. Let's start with the following:
1. Go to http://btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software if the previous updates were done wirelessly.
2. Perform a product reset, to do this:
- Disconnect all cables from the headphones.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.
- Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.
- Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds.
3. Clear the Bluetooth device list on the headset by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button until you hear 'Device list cleared'.
4. Delete the headphones from the Bose Music app.
5. Uninstall and then reinstall the app.
6. Pair the headphones to your phone manually via Bluetooth.
7. Reconnect the headphones to the Bose Music app.
I look forward to hearing how you get on.
After finishing the painfully long test process I end up with the same result, powering off the headphones resets the setting.
I'm returning these to the reseller, tired of having to deal with an unfinished product that wasn't ready for release!
Nov 13, 2019
I am also experiencing the same issue.
This should be an easy fix. Bose has really slacked on these headphones
Nov 19, 2019
I have the same issue, a bit disappointed.
I am currently testing Bose 700 vs Sony XM3, the reported issue is not a dealbreaker but something to consider
Oct 31, 2019
Can confirm this is an issue even with latest firmware. Previous issue of voice prompts and muting was fixed via firmware update. Please fix this issue as well. Steps to *easily* reproduce.
1. Set shortcut in Bose Music app to battery level.
2. Power headset off.
3. Power headset on.
Shortcut setting will be incorrectly reset to WW. This is disappointing, and should be fixed.