Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2018

Beeeep sound and weird screech sound

Ok so here is my problem, I have the Bose QC35 and I listen to ASMR when I am about to sleep and I find videos that have mouth sounds when I am listening to it occasionally there would be a random screeching sound that lasts like half a second, I rewind the video and it doesn’t make the sound again, so it’s not the video. the best way I can describe it is that the headphones speakers cannot/stuggle to play that kind of sound so it like spases out and makes that sound. It’s kind of loud and really annoying when relaxing, also in recent times its like the headphones cannot handle that kind of sound so it literally plays a long forever lasting buzzing or beeeeeeeeeeeep sound, very loud and frightening. And can be stopped by switching off the headphone but it is just going to happen again. Also these sounds only occur in my right ear cup. I have updated my headphones, switched devices. Done a full reset as seen on other posts. But I haven’t read anything similar to my story.

like I am a smart guy, I have removed every variable, the only thing it could be is that my headphone cannot handle playing that kind of sound. I’m not sure if it is my defected pair of headphones or all headphones.

To clarify if you don’t know, google “ASMR mouth sounds” or something like that and you will know what I mean by that if you don’t know what that is.

Please help this is really getting annoying.

30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Beeeep sound and weird screech sound

Hello there, Rhys959!

Thank you for reaching out to the community, and we can definitely try to help you here. Do you experience this when playing any audio? How about just listening to music?

By chance, are any of the noise-canceling microphones covered at any point? These are located outside panel on the earcups. If these are blocked or covered in any way, it can cause audio performance issues. 

Let us know your findings when you get the chance. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2018

When I play music or just normal audio I don’t experience any of these sounds, the headphones work perfectly and the noise cancellation mics are not covered, I have experienced some weird sounds when they are covered but in this instance of the constant buzzing sound the mics are not covered. Obviously I am no technician and you can’t help me if I can’t give you any idea of what is causing it, and the only thing I can honestly think it could be is that the speakers cannot play the sounds that the video outputs. It spases out and plays a loud random buzzing sound. I might try turning off the noise canceling via the Bose app and see if I can remove a few more variables, I will message back once I have tested this thoroughly. In the meantime if you have any other advice please advice me. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@Rhys959 thank you for your update. Check back when you can!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2018

I recently bought the Bose 35 wireless and experience the same over modulated screeching noise. Sometimes it sounds like crosstalk, but mostly an extremly loud screech. When watching Netflix from an Ipad, or YouTube from a MacBook Air. Plays fine for a random amount of time, then lets out an ear killing screech. When I check my IPad settings it shows the Bose has disconnected, then it reconnects. I am sitting still at the time so it is not movement related. Is it possibe a nearby device, that also has bluetooth, is interferring? I don't see any way to block all other devices so it just focuses on the one I need. Had these a week. For $350 I am thinking I need to take them back.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@Deepestsea thank you for joining us. It's a good idea to check for possible sources of interference. Are you near a wireless router? Can you try using your devices in a different location? 

Please also try resetting your headset:

• Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  • Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  • Unplug USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute.
  • Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Let us know your findings when you get the chance. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2018

This is the closest description to my problem I've found. When i play ASMR and the audio is mostly or all in the left earcup, the right earcup will go TCHK! loudly for a millisecond. It happens with noise cancellation on and off.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2018

Hi,

I have a similar issue. Same when listening to ASMR video and could hear a tizzy sound from the right side of my QC35II.

I had tested in many situations and I found pairing up with my computer doesn't show this weird sound. So it must be something wrong when playing with my phone...What phone do you use? Is it iphone 8?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2018

Hi! I'm also having this problem with my QC35. Whenever I listen to ASMR I eventually hear the loud screech and have to turn off my headphones and turn them on again. Really annoying. I've had the same behavior connecting the headphones to an iPad, to a Galaxy S9+ and even to a Moto G4 Play.

One thing I've noticed is that when I play some background sounds (like raining sounds) while listening to ASMR that behavior doesn't happen.

I'm by no means an expert but maybe some of the frequencies used by ASMR microphones (like the 3Dio) do not play well along with the frequencies used by the ANC. However it would be great if someone at Bose's technical team could take a look at it.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2018

I'm just bought bose qc35 ii 2 weekss ago. Same problems here. A random screeching sound always happen when I'm playing an ASMR file (That file is a high quality bitrate files ex.FLAC,WAV). But using for another purpose this headphone is a perfect product that I have ever bought.

And also this is my experiment about a random screeching sound. When I'm running in Bluetooth mode its only going to pop up on the right side of headphone then I try by turning off Bluetooth mode and go with the jack cable(BOSE) that come with a headphone. The result, a random screeching sound is dissapear forever. But I prefer to use in Bluetooth mode not by the jack cable. I'm looking foward about this case. Thank you.