Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2018

Re: Beeeep sound and weird screech sound

Okay. So this problem is still going on and it’s really annoying. It sounds like other people are also having the same problem so it isn’t the case of my pair of headphones being faulty. Is there anything that can be done? Sure using the wire jack fixes the problem but I’d rather use it wireless. Can some Bose technician offer a solution. I bought my headphones over 2 years ago and it has always been a problem and I’d assume it’s too late to refund it now but $500 for headphones that doesn’t work up to scratch is annyoing

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello Rhys959,

Thanks for following up! From what I understand there are a large variety of mics used/methods to the way ASMR videos are produced. Thus, there are a great many things that could possibly cause the noises you hear in the headphones. It may be as simple as the QC35 are not ideally suited for the ASMR format due to the compression necessary for Bluetooth transmission. Using the headphones with a wired connection may be the solution.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2018

I have the Quiet Control 30s and I have the same problem. Specifically witht the right earbud with AND without noice cancelation. Also specifically when listening to ASMR. 
The Q30s don't have the option to use a plug in conection, so I have no way to address the problem. Is there an update coming to address this issue? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

OMG! I have been having this same issue! I just sent my pair of headphones back to Bose for new ones becuase the tech I spoke to on the phone figured it must be an internal error. I have been borrowing my fiances headphones until my new ones arrive, and the same noise just happened in his headphones too! High pitched sound, right ear cup only, and just for a millisecond. It the most annoying thing. I've tried resting my headphones. Different devies. With and without the noise cancelling on. Before and after software updates. The tech i spoke to on the phone even asked how big my earings were. LOL. I wasnt wearing any so wasn't an issue.  I've already sent them in, so I don't think I can get them back at this point, but at least now I know I'm not crazy, and not the only one experiencing this. I love listening to ASMR at work to help me stay calm and focused, but man that noise can ruin it. And if the volume is tuned up to high, it can feel like its stabbed you in the ear for a sec.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello skylarannie! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

Given what we have heard here about use with ASMR, it would appear that this is not recommended. I am sorry to hear about your experience. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2018

Wow well that's not really helpful. Maybe when you guys advertised it you should of put on the box "not suitable for asmr and if you do listen to asmr you are just wasting 500 bucks"

Unacceptable.
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2018

I agree. It is completely unacceptable. I got the Q30s so I'm "only" out $300.00. But to hear back "sorry, we're not going to fix it and there is no solution" is the kind of thing you'd expect from a run of the mill company, not Bose. It's even worse that it appears this is an issue in more than one model.

Very dissapointing

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2018

It is dissapointing. However I can confirm it 100% goes away if you use them wired. Tested with an iPhone 8 w/ dongle.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2018

Glad that worked for you. The model I have is the QuietComfort 30 or QC 30. Unfortunately this model doesn't have the opition to wire them as they are exclusively wireless. I don't know why Bose didn't include the 35mm adapter. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 8, 2019

Hi, I have exactly the same issue on my sony 1000mx3 and another bluetooth headhone from sony, and now I'm pretty sure that this is due to my phone, beacuse I can hear random tizzy noise while plying with my iphone 8 and iphone SE. However, it completely disappears while playing with my android device. So i think there is something wrong with iphone.