Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 8, 2019

Re: Beeeep sound and weird screech sound

I am experiencing (almost) the same problem. For me it happens when I turn my headphones on. Every once in a while I get a horrible screech and distortion at what seems maximum volume for the headphones. In fact, I don't think I can set them so loud myself, it must be some hardware maximum.

It happened for the third time today and now I'm nauseous. Also, as I'm using the headphones in my office it disturbs my colleagues when it happens (did I mention it's really LOUD?)

I guess I can retrain myself to turn the headphones on when they are not on my head, but it's still annoying for my coworkers when this happens.

I've head the headphones since 2016 and was amazed the first time I put them on. They've been magical and absolutely irreplaceable. Until today. By seeing all the responses on this thread I'm afraid that even if I buy a new pair I might run into the same issue.

What are my options?

Highlighted

Hi Stanm, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

Have you attempted the troubleshooting methods that have been suggested in this thread? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

This happends to mee also sometimes.

I was thinking that it's because of youtube being slow on my macbook

OR

bluetooth somehow trying to go to sleep mode or something

Can be fixed by adjusting bluetooth power saving options ?

Highlighted

Hi Jukka, 

Thanks for posting and letting us know. 

Have you also attempted the troubleshooting methods in this thread? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Same thing happened to me, my QC35 Does the exact same thing.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

@Rhys959 wrote:

Ok so here is my problem, I have the Bose QC35 and I listen to ASMR when I am about to sleep and I find videos that have mouth sounds when I am listening to it occasionally there would be a random screeching sound that lasts like half a second, I rewind the video and it doesn’t make the sound again, so it’s not the video. the best way I can describe it is that the headphones speakers cannot/stuggle to play that kind of sound so it like spases out and makes that sound. It’s kind of loud and really annoying when relaxing, also in recent times its like the headphones cannot handle that kind of sound so it literally plays a long forever lasting buzzing or beeeeeeeeeeeep sound, very loud and frightening. And can be stopped by switching off the headphone but it is just going to happen again. Also these sounds only occur in my right ear cup. I have updated my headphones, switched devices. Done a full reset as seen on other posts. But I haven’t read anything similar to my story.

like I am a smart guy, I have removed every variable, the only thing it could be is that my headphone cannot handle playing that kind of sound. I’m not sure if it is my defected pair of headphones or all headphones.

To clarify if you don’t know, google “ASMR mouth sounds” or something like that and you will know what I mean by that if you don’t know what that is.

Please help this is really getting annoying.

Same thing happened to me, my QC35 Does the exact same thing.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2019

My Q35 headphones have no input for USB. How would I plug them into a USB power source?

This loud screeching has rendered the headphones useless.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2019

By the way, my headphones are WIRED and I have the same, exact problem!

'@Mpradio wrote:

My Q35 headphones have no input for USB. How would I plug them into a USB power source?

This loud screeching has rendered the headphones useless.

Highlighted

Hello Mpradio,

We are very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

You can use your charging cable in order to perform the following troubleshooting. 

I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Following this, check for any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done via a computer using your charging cable to connect your headphones and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com.

Please let us know how you get on and if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Mine started making these screeching sounds not long ago
All of the sudden the sound I'm listening to is gone and it is replaced by an unbearable screeching noise.

It helps to turn them off and on, sometimes I have to do it a couple of times.

also when connected to Bluetooth, the sound have started to go to a low quality mode,
It is good at first, then a tiny stop of sound, then it goes into low quality mode.

And the button on the side wont engage in the momentarily position, only on and off.