cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dosstx
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2021

Best headphones (or ear buds?) for hard of hearing person?

Hi all, 

Looking at purchasing a Bose product, but I need it to meet the following criteria:

1.) Best/Crystal clear audio for hard-of-hearing people

2.) Mic that helps eliminate background noises when user is speaking

3.)  Mic with best audio quality of headphone user's voice

3.) Great/Best music playback audio 

I just purchased and received the Bose Quietcomfort 35 II Gaming Headset because I saw it had a dedicated boom mic. I also saw it had noise canceling. Is this the best product I can buy that meets the above listed criteria? 

Also, is  audio quality improved if I use the mic attachment (becomes a "wired" headphone) vs a bluetooth wireless audio signal?

I see that the Bose UC 700 is $100 off....is that a better product for me than the Quietcomfort 35II?

Or, would an "ear-bud" setup be better for my needs?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Liam_G

Re: Best headphones (or ear buds?) for hard of hearing person?

Hello Dosstx, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! 

It's exciting that you are looking to Bose for your new headphones. 

The QC35 II Gaming headset are a great 2-in-1 headset, designed for hours of competitive gaming and music listening that provides a comfortable fit to wear at home, work, or on a journey. 

The removable gaming module attaches in seconds and is equipped with the boom mic that’s designed to reject noise with the perfect length, design, and acoustic materials to pick up only your voice and reduce background noise. 

The Noise Cancelling 700 UC is a newer version of the NC700 headphones with the inclusion of the Bose USB link module, as it keeps your Bluetooth headphones pre-paired to your computer or laptop for a seamless wireless audio experience. 

The NC700s also have touch controls on the right earcup to allow you full control of volume, calls or music without needing to use your phone. Also, these headphones offer up to 11 settings for Noise cancellation, ranging from full cancellation, to full transparency.  

I hope this helps you with your decision. 

If the rest of the Community would like to chime in with suggestions or recommendations please feel free! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!