Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

Bluetooth Compatibility

Hi, 

I bought the bose 700 ANC Headphones and to be honest the sound quality out of the box is quite bad. This got me wondering could it be that my phone which has an older bluetooth version (Iphone 6) could be the problem. Or maybe the device itself is broken. Is there something that causes an issue with the older devices like the old iphones?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

Re: Bluetooth Compatibility

Return your bose700 ASAP and get a refund. That's my suggestion. 

Highlighted

Hey @Kjdhuri09, thanks for joining and welcome to the Bose Community!

It's unusual that you're experiencing this bad audio quality when connected to your iPhone 6 with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

Do you have any other Bluetooth device you could try connecting the headphones to test this? I'd also recommend trying out the quality when using the audio cable.

Let me know the outcome of this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

After testing on 3 devices I can confirm that it works better with the newer Bluetooth devices.

Like i said with my Iphone 6 (Bluetooth 4.0) , the sound quality was extremely bad.

I tried later with my Oneplus 5T (Bluetooth 4.2) it improved. 

To test that the device (Bose 700) is not broken i connected it to my Desktop (Bluetooth 5.0) and installed an equalizer. WIth the higher bluetooth versions and a good equalizer the device sounds way better.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 13, 2020

Are there official bluetooth versions that are supported?  Not supported?

Can I assume that the NC 700s should work with no problem with BT 4.x and 5.x devices?