1985alban
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Bluetooth adapter compatible with NC 700

Hi all, (and sorry for the approximative English)

I just bought a NC 700 to use with both my smartphone and my dekstop PC. My PC doesn't have any Bluetooth capacity for now, so I plan to buy a bluetooth adapter.

Assuming I cannot buy any random adapter, I checked internet and this forum to see which one could do the trick. Unfortunately, I found conflicting information, dating back a few months. In the end, I'm unsure what type of adapter I should buy and how well it would work with my PC (Windows 10).

Could anyone help me with up-to-date information about the characteristics the adapter should have? Or even better, a model to suggest?

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Bluetooth adapter compatible with NC 700

Author Accepted Answer selected by 1985alban

Hello 1985alban, 

Welcome to the Bose Community. Thanks for posting. 

While I cannot provide you with a specific model, I can confirm you will need a USB adapter that supports A2DP for music streaming, and HSP and HFP profiles if you wish to use the headphones for audio calls. 

If any members of the Community have any recommendations, please feel free to join the discussion!

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Jeff_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by 1985alban

Hello 1985alban, 

Welcome to the Bose Community. Thanks for posting. 

While I cannot provide you with a specific model, I can confirm you will need a USB adapter that supports A2DP for music streaming, and HSP and HFP profiles if you wish to use the headphones for audio calls. 

If any members of the Community have any recommendations, please feel free to join the discussion!

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1985alban
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Thank you for your feedback, Jeff.

I looked for USB adapters that support A2DP, HSP and HFP, and was able to find these two models:

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Technologies-USB-BT4LE-Bluetooth-adaptateur/dp/B009ZIILLI

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Bluetooth-Adaptateur-Supporte-Micro-Casque/dp/B01LX6HISL

Unless someone already tried those adapters and had a bad experience, I'm gonna give them a chance.

Thanks again!

manicscholar
Participant
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Did you have any luck with these adapters? Your feedback would be helpful.

1985alban
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Yes, I bought the first one (https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Technologies-USB-BT4LE-Bluetooth-adaptateur/dp/B009ZIILLI) and it works just fine.

Hope it helps.

mlschneider73
Participant
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Thank you.  I have been at my wit's end trying to troubleshoot my new headset.  Turns out it is not compatible with the long-range bluetooth device I have from another headset.  This helps, now to find a long-range one to walk around the house while on calls, one step at a time. Thanks.  

ihaveconcerns
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2020

Just to confirm this is for the NC 700, i.e. Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 retailing for $399 because the specs say Bluetooth Version 5.0 where the adapter says 4.0. 

But if you've proved it works for this exact model, then I'll get the adapter!

thanks!

ihaveconcerns
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2020

I have double confirmed the Pluggable adapter Bluetooth 4.0 works with the NC700 wireless even though the Bose Specs calls for 5.0.

miike
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2020

Hello

When I looked at the two adapters I saw that you have to install a driver for both of them, which is suboptimal for me because I want to use the adapter on the company computer. Or is it possible that I don't need to install the driver because the Bose NC 700 supports Bluetooth 5.0?

Genaro_GR
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

Hey 1985alban, did it work properly for calls? I am in the same situation with the NC 700, I need a bluetooth adapter that has no noises, no delays and that works for zoom/webex meetings. I am about to buy the Plugable adapter based on your feedback. Thank you very much for your help!