cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterJ9840
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

Bluetooth disconnects immediately since Apple upgrade to macOS Big Sur (macBook pro)

I have been enjoying a new Bose NC 700 HP set since a couple of weeks, but Apple upgraded my macBook with macOS Big Sur, the Bluetooth connection is lost a few seconds after every connect.

Disconnecting my Android did not help.

Clearing all bluetooth connections on the Bose and reconnecting did not help.

Clearing all bluetooth connections on my macBook and reconnecting did not help.

Reset bluetooth module on my macBook did not help.

What can I do, I cannot use the headset any more now?

20 REPLIES 20
DoLo
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2020

QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones II not working on Big Sur

Bose product name

(Quiet Comfort Earbuds, NC700, Soundbar 700, etc.)

Country

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Where do you run into the issue?

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

sqtz99
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

Re: Bluetooth disconnects immediately since Apple upgrade to macOS Big Sur (macBook pro)

Bose product name

Bose Sound Link Mini II

Country

USA

Unable to pair via bluetooth Sound Link Mini II after upgrading MacOs to Big Sur.

The speaker is discoverable but the computer fails to connect each and every time.

Sets taken to attempt to resolve:

-Clear BT Preferences on Mac.

-De bugged bluetooth

-Clear devices paired on the speaker and reset

Error I am getting states "Couldn't connect" after trying to pair

Any help, greatly appreciated

Tegan_M

Re: QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones II not working on Big Sur

Hi DoLo,

Thanks for reaching out to the community, sorry you are facing issues since your mac update.

Can you let us know in what way your headphones are no longer working? Can you not initiate a connection?

Let us know any troubleshooting you have already performed. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Sam_F

Re: Bluetooth disconnects immediately since Apple upgrade to macOS Big Sur (macBook pro)

Hey Peter,

I'm glad to hear you've loved your NC700 headphones so far - I'd be happy to help you get these working with your MacBook again.

The troubleshooting you've tried so far certainly is recommended and should have helped clear any underlying issues that you were experiencing, so I'm sorry to hear it did not. Have you been experiencing these connection issues with your Android device, or is it only with the MacBook?

Have you checked your headphones firmware is up-to-date HERE? If possible, have you been able to test another MacBook with your headphones to see if this issue is persistent?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
NathanStudio
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

Hi, I don't have Bose headphones but use Sony ones - I am having the exact same issue. It would appear this is Big Sur related – nothing do with the headphones themselves.

Sam_F

Hi @NathanStudio,

Thanks for bringing that up! I come across some troubleshooting posted online that might be able to help with Bluetooth connection issues, so you and @PeterJ9840 are welcome to try:

1. Press Shift-Option and click the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar.
  2. Select Debug.
  3. Click “Reset the Bluetooth module.”
  4. Press Ok to continue.
  5. Restart Mac

Let me know if this helps at all!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
NathanStudio
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

Thanks Sam, I spent pretty much all day yesterday troubleshooting and have tried all the suggested fixes, to no avail. From what I can see from older comments with Big Sur beta versions, bluetooth issues were known and clearly have not been resolved.

AidanG
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

I'm having exactly the same issues – the headphones announce the connection to my Macbook Pro but audio from, for example, YouTube never begins streaming and after a few seconds the headphones announce that my computer 'disconnected'. 

Please get this sorted – at the moment I'm having to use the cord and currently mulling over whether I'm going to have to try switching brands to get a solution, which, having invested an appreciable amount of money in these headphones, I'm naturally reluctant to do.

DoLo
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2020

Re: QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones II not working on Big Sur

Sorry I thought I had put all information in my message but I see it's not there.

Since the Big Sur update my headset isn't working properly any more. When I switch my headset on, it connects but after 5 seconds it disconnects again. On my phone everything it's working fine as well as on my other devices.

I have a MacBook Pro (2016) with Big Sur installed and a Bose QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones II.

Thanks