Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Milad.fi
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2021

Bluetooth indicator is on after headphones got soaked (Quiet comfort 35 II)

Yesterday I had my BOSE Quiet comfort 35 II on while I was jugging. Suddenly it started to rain and the headphones got fully wet. After I got home and dried the heads carefully, I've noticed that the Bluetooth LED is on all the time however the headphones function as normal. I got some steps as

1- Drained the battery completely and charging the headphones 

2- Follow the steps as mentioned via https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/articles/HC2563/productCodes/qc35_ii/article.html

3- Clear the Bluetooth history.

Unfortunately nothing works and the Bluetooth indicator is still on. I'll appreciate in advance for your advice.

3 REPLIES 3
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Bluetooth indicator is on after headphones got soaked (Quiet comfort 35 II)

@Milad.fi(I do not work for Bose)

Your jogging itself may have caused your 'problem' because of the bouncing and not the rain (go figure 🙂 ).  There has been a long known problem (identified over 2 years ago), that it is possible for the contacts on the on/off switch to slip (hence my 'bouncing' suspicion).  If that is the case, the unit could remain on even when the switch is in the off position.  This is a hardware problem and there is no workaround - not reinitializing, not firmware,....  In that case there are only two options: (1) use the descriptions here or in other DIY descriptions to fix it yourself.   Those who have done so, have said here it has fixed their problem. or (2) call Bose and have the unit exchanged (they will not fix it).  If it is out of warranty there will offer it at a somewhat high price.  Take it or not - your call.  Or you can keep calling back and/or escalate (perhaps many times) until you get a rep who is willing to do a free exchange 'this one time' since you are part of the 'larger group' with this hardware malfunction.

Milad.fi
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2021

@joelirwin Thanks for your suggestion. I however don't get it completely, where is the description that I could fix the issue by myself?

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Milad.fi 

Bose does not 'approve' of people taking apart their QC35's to fix them themselves.  I can not post any more information about it myself but you can do a search here to find a very long post which has instructions or google well known video sites for instructions.