Jun 14, 2020

Bluetooth light and battery

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

Re: Bluetooth light and battery

about 6 months ago the Bluetooth light stayed permanently on.  This has coincided with very poor battery performance and I now have to charge the headphones daily, I typically use them for 45 minutes in a day and by the next day they are out of charge

i have tried corresponding with Bose customer service but no one gets back to me, I did get an auto response sayin* they headphones were out of warranty and I could get a small amount of a new purchase.

the Bluetooth light is clearly a common fault and I feel Bose should replace the headphones or repair them and replace the battery which has been fully drained numerous times as a result of the fault 

does anyone know an email that Bose responds to?
i am pretty disappointed with the after sales service from a company Whose products I had liked immensely 

Highlighted

Hello Adamsjessup,

Thanks for reaching out, I am very sorry to hear that you're having this experience.

What is your country of residence?

So I can provide you with the most accurate information, what product do you own? Please use this link to help you in identifying your product model. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

hi I’m in the uk

i have comfort 35 

Seriel [removed by moderator]

i purchased them in New York

ihave followed the supposed fixes of the many others that have experienced the problem I am having

ideally I would like a replacement, providing the problem has now been fixed 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

im still waiting a reply

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@AdamsjessupIf you have a qc35i and the lights stay on even with the switch off, you are experiencing a well known problem which has been discussed here for about 2 years - the contacts on the on/off switch are slipping and causing the unit to turn on by itself.  There is NO workaround for this - it is a hardware defect.  You only have two options:  1. fix it yourself with the instructions and pictures both posted in this community and elsewhere on the Internet. or 2. ask Bose for an exchange.  If your unit is out of warranty, they will ask for a payment.  DO NOT pay.  You need to convince them that you are part of the larger class of users with defective units and get them 'just this one time' to offer you a free exchange.  If they refuse keep calling back and if that doesn't work, escalate and keep calling back.  You have to be PERSISTENT.  Those that do have reported here that eventually they will get a free exchange even out of warranty.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

Oh and thanks so much for taking the time to respond to me