Highlighted
jake13122
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

Bluetooth range seems very weak

I recently got the QC 35 I from Bose (refurbished) and they are great but I noticed the Bluetooth range is very short.  I had my phone on and walked about 5-6 feet away and it cut out.  I was very surprised by this, as I assumed I could walk around my small apartment (645 sq. ft.) and maintain a connection.

Am I wrong to think the range should be longer?  Thanks 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bluetooth range seems very weak

Hello jake13122,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the Bluetooth connection, this is very strange behavior indeed. I would be more than happy to help you with this, as the range should be 10 meters. 

Firstly, I would recommend trying a product reset, please follow the steps below:

1. Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  2. Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  4. Power on your product.

Secondly, I would recommend disconnecting any other devices nearby that might be interfering with the Bluetooth connection and I would suggest clearing the pairing list of the headphones and the device you are using. 

To clear the product memory of connected Bluetooth® devices:

1. Power on your headset
  2. Slide the Power switch to the Bluetooth icon and hold it for 10 seconds until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared.

It might also be helpful to reboot the device you are using. 

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - community Support