Phantom Phreak
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 8, 2018

Bluetooth stutters

Hello, I have the Q35 II and using my Windows 10 PC Bluetooth and I get choppy, stutters or echo effects sounds with my Bose. I tried pairing it with other Bluetooth speakers and I don't get that problem only with my Bose is there a known issue that could cause that? Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bluetooth stutters

Author Accepted Answer selected by Phantom Phreak

Hi Phantom Phreak,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having.

Can you check out THIS thread about computer troubleshooting?

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

6 REPLIES 6

Author Accepted Answer selected by Phantom Phreak

Hi Phantom Phreak,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having.

Can you check out THIS thread about computer troubleshooting?

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Phantom Phreak
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 8, 2018

Hello Brandon,

I think your suggestion may have worked. I had two Bose headphone devices on my list. One was the normal headphones and the other was handsfree. I disabled the handsfree and selected the headphones and it seems to work. I think I have an issue with my WiFi/Bluetooth antenna. My get cutouts time to time and I am sitting very close to the computer. I will email Asus for a new antenna and see if that improves my connection. Again thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Phantom Phreak

Thanks for trying those steps out!  I've experienced similar issues pairing BT headsets to my gaming laptop so I was fairly certain that article would help out.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,

Brandon

Phantom Phreak
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 8, 2018

Hello Brandon_M,

Just an update on my Bose headphones issue. I ran into the same issue right after a few tries. I took a shot at trying to use the Asus Mobo Wi-Fi/Bluetooth antenna with my Google home and Echo Dot speakers and see if I get the same issue of Bluetooth cutting out. It turns out it was fine, so I tried blocking the signal with my hand in front of the antenna and it would cut out. So I ordered a new Anntena from eBay and hooked it up and the cutting out stopped completely! So it seems the Anntena was at fault. I almost sent my Bose back for repair as well as my mobo to Asus. Again thanks for your help it also improved the sound quality.

Best Regards,

Jeff aka Phantom Phreak

Sulya
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 4, 2019

Just leaving my 5 cent here. I had some stuttering when 2 devices (windows laptop and an android smartphone) were connected at the same time, and as this functionality is one of the main reasons I chose qc35 over alternatives I was not going to disconnect any of the devices.

As I only use the headset functionality with laptop I tried disabling it on the phone (settings - bluetooth - settings of qc35 - disable "phone calls" and "contact sharing")- and gone was stuttering. Hope this might help anyone who comes across this thread.

Highlighted
Boseymcbose
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 12, 2019

I really find this to be yet another instance of Bose failing as the market leader. Does that seem harsh, no, not when you consider the price point that is paid for these QC35 ii of which I also own and experience this stuttering and distortion.

It's not good enough. These headphones should be seamless. I shouldn't have to be clearing Bluetooth lists, toggling stuff on and off etc. That's just terrible UX.