SativaSkywalker
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 24, 2019

Bose 700 ANC Headphones Microphone always active problem.

Hi there,

Just received my pair of the new Bose 700 noise and set them up. I’m having an issue with the microphone.

Every time I pair my headphones with any device (iOS and android) I can always hear myself or things around me as the microphone picks up everything around me. Even with noise cancellation active, the microphone still picks up everything.

Is there a way to disable this or is it just a firmware problem? And speaking of firmware, the app won’t install the firmware update. Tried on my android phone and then my Apple iPad Air - just says there’s a problem and it keeps restarting.

any help or comments to fix these issues would help out so much because it’s very frustrating. Never had a problem like these with my QCII’s.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nico T.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Re: Bose 700 ANC Headphones Microphone always active problem.

Author Accepted Answer selected by SativaSkywalker

While browsing the internet for a solution on this issue I read that you have exactly the same issue as me where it sounds like the microphone of my Bose NC 700 headset is also picking up ambient sound and reproducing it. What I did in the meantime to see if I could solve it:
- Reset the headset --> No difference;
- Change to different levels of Noise Canceling (level 0, 5, 10) --> at level 10 there is still ambient noise amplified.
- Updated the firmware to the latest level --> No difference.

I used the Bose Webpage: https://btu.bose.com/#section=start to update the firmware, it worked ok.

I'm back to my Sennheiser PXC550 headet with proper noice cancelation until this gets solved by Bose. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Nico T.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by SativaSkywalker

While browsing the internet for a solution on this issue I read that you have exactly the same issue as me where it sounds like the microphone of my Bose NC 700 headset is also picking up ambient sound and reproducing it. What I did in the meantime to see if I could solve it:
- Reset the headset --> No difference;
- Change to different levels of Noise Canceling (level 0, 5, 10) --> at level 10 there is still ambient noise amplified.
- Updated the firmware to the latest level --> No difference.

I used the Bose Webpage: https://btu.bose.com/#section=start to update the firmware, it worked ok.

I'm back to my Sennheiser PXC550 headet with proper noice cancelation until this gets solved by Bose. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
SativaSkywalker
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 24, 2019

I didnt mean to mark this post as solved, but I really hope Bose is working on firmware to solve this issue we're having. Hopefully, it won't require a full exchange.

-- TO MODS OR ANYONE ELSE THAT SEES THIS -- Please reply with any fix.