Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Bose 700 Bluetooth Driver

Hi Support Bose,

I can't hear clearly with the noise-canceling headphones 700 in Windows 10. Even in Zoom or Teams Foundations, the sound is not clear. In my iPhone, the sound is really good and doesn't have any issues. Is there any driver for windows 10? 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 Bluetooth Driver

Hi gamcedo11,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community!

With these headphones, there wouldn't be a specific driver for them to help with a Bluetooth connection, but it would definitely be worth updating your computers Bluetooth drivers to make sure they are fully up to date. It would also be a good idea to update your headphones, you can do this on a computer using our Device Updater.

As you have mentioned using the headphones with Zoom and Teams on your computer, have you also been using them for phone calls on your iPhone? You will find that when using the microphone on the headphones to make a call, they will have a different sound quality. This is in part due to profile needing some bandwidth for the microphone meaning it reduces the audio quality slightly as well as the Self-Voice feature. This feature plays some of the world noise from around you back into the headphones to allow you to hear your own voice. The level of this can be adjusted in the Bose Music app by navigating to Settings > Self-Voice.

I would also recommend you check out our handy guide for using Bluetooth headphones with computers, there is a lot of helpful information in there that I'm sure will help you get the most out of your headphones!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

Re: Bose 700 Bluetooth Driver

Will this degradation in quality depend on the computer's bluetooth version? i.e., if the computer supports bluetooth 5.0 rather than 4.0, will there be less/no reduction in sound and voice quality when using it as a headset?