CiscoKid08
Participant
Registered since

May 4, 2020

Bose 700 Bluetooth Multipoint Audio Issues

Hello,

I'm having a very specific issue on my Bose 700's with Bluetooth multipoint audio. Whenever they are paired with both my Windows 10 laptop (Lenovo T460s) and my iPhone X, audio doesn't switch properly between sources. I can completely pause music or mute one and play audio from the other. No matter what I do if they are both connected at the same time, the audio always comes out garbled and extremely static-y. I always have to disable bluetooth on one source (either iPhone or Laptop) to get them to switch properly.

Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone have any suggestions on troubleshooting?

I feel like this can be fixed in a firmware update but given that we haven't seen updates to the product since Nov 2019, I'm not holding my breath for Bose to fix anything.

7 REPLIES 7
CiscoKid08
Participant
Registered since

May 4, 2020

Re: Bose 700 Bluetooth Multipoint Audio Issues

*nudge*

Jessie_O

Hi Ciscokid08, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty you are experiencing when connected to two devices at once. 

Have you tried a reset? You can do this by following the instructions which are outlined HERE. 

Let me know how it goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Toons114
Advocate
Registered since

May 25, 2019

It is well known over here just at all the post.... There have been lots of issues with the 1.3.1 firmware, with multipoint BT pb, ANC degradation, sound quality, robot voice while connected to two devices, connection/disconnection ..... 

So it has been 7 moths waiting for an acknowledgment, a communication, a firmware update or downgrade possibility, Bose is just silent on this subject and 99% of the pbs are firmware not hardware.

See how people get furious, want refund, or maybe talking about class action because there is no communication at all while people are suffering issues working at home with all these problem.

DanielAnd87
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

no offence to you @Jessie_O , but you KNOW that a reset WON'T work, you do however know that this is a firmware issue that is probably the biggest issue in this forum and still HAVE NOT BEEN FIXED OR EVEN COMMUNICATED ABOUT FOR 7 MONTHS. 

I paid 400€ for these headphones for the sole purpose of having them at the office, communicating with and due to the connection issues they are collecting dust. to put it simply: you advertise a product that does not work as you claim, i.e. you are cheating your customers. 

JUST COMMUNICATE AND TELL US IF/WHEN YOU ARE PLANNING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM, 

CiscoKid08
Participant
Registered since

May 4, 2020

I couldn't get the hard reset to work on the 700's. Tried all sorts of combinations of holding the button and inserting the power / unplugging the power while holding the button, power before the plug and inserting them both simultaneously. I could never get the bluetooth light to flash using these procedures.

What gives?? I don't know what else to do except live with this.

Sam_F

Hi @CiscoKid08,

Thank for you trying the steps. I'm sorry to hear things haven't improved for you.

To be clear, are you manually pausing one source before you start to play the other, or do you pause after you start playing from the preferred sourced?

Also, have you been able to test the headphones using a different mobile device with your headphones or a different computer with the iPhone X for reference?

Finally, please let me know if you're firmware is confirmed to be up-to-date by visiting the Bose Updater.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
CiscoKid08
Participant
Registered since

May 4, 2020

I'm fully pausing from one source before I attempt to play on the other. The result is the same.. Very low quality playback from the source that is playing. I've also noticed a lot of random disconnects from my iPhone when it isn't moving and sitting near me/the headphones. I've had no issues with the iPhone and other bluetooth devices.

Also I think the firmware is the factory default from November v1.3.1. I'm really surprised that there isn't any newer firmware to address some of these issues.