Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

Bose 700 Bluetooth codecs

Please be so kind to advise, which BT codecs are used by Bose NC 700 headphones? any new codecs planned after firmware updates? information about it was NOT found on website, or tech specs or instruction manual (while other producers openly share it).

question is relevant, since i am going to buy USB dongle for laptop to improve sound quality in headphones and those support different codecs; and, possibly change iPhone to another modern android device with more flexible BT abilities.

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 Bluetooth codecs

Author Accepted Answer selected by VORKUTA

Hello VORKUTA, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I would love to assist, the Bose Noise Canceling 700 headphones support AAC and SBC Bluetooth codecs. 

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by VORKUTA

Hello VORKUTA, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I would love to assist, the Bose Noise Canceling 700 headphones support AAC and SBC Bluetooth codecs. 

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

Hi,

is there any plan of launching product which supports SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX-HD, and LDAC format in future?

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

rRe: Bose 700 Bluetooth

I too am interested in whether the 700's will support AptX in the future. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2020

I’m a big Bose fan and own several Bose products. But the Bose 700s was a massive let-down. Only works on mobile - major issues with connecting to Win 10 PCs: Sound intermittently badly distorted, drops connection, interrupts Skype calls when mobile calls come in. No option to connect via audio cable and still use built-in microphones, you then have to use an inline mike in the cable, so you lose the voice-isolating effect of the built in mics. Cannot be used while charging. There are of course technical strong points too - it’s comfortable, the sound is good, NC is very good. But for serious business use on PC  this is an absolutely useless product. I returned mine. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2020

Same here.

I've returned mine after a serious streak of let downs.

1. The firmware messed up my battery life.

2. The app could not find my headset (on android). This happend way to often.

3. I found not simply connect my headset with a USB-C cable to my laptop or pc to use it.

(why the hell did you even use USB-C then???)

so i could use sound and mic for skype/teams/zoom with 0 latency issue's

4. I could not even bare to watch the video content in their learn portals.

It gave annoying sync issue's when using bluetooth.

5. I found out i could not even use my headset via bluetooth with my PS4. 😞 Would have loved that.

And now i also hear there are no plans to add aptX or any other codecs?

So basically the NC700 will remain an item for only listing to music and telephone calls.

It will remain mostly worthless compared to other in the same price range for Gaming / Video conferencing / Streaming / Watching Video content.

Bad move Bose.

Please listen

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

t is Re: Bose 700 Bluetooth codecs

It is really strange, isn't it? You have that kind of product but all you can do is connect the headphones to your phone or your laptop and listen music etc. To be honest, my friends can't even understand what I am telling to them while talking to them on the phone. The headphones look cool, some features are ok but I find it strange when I can't even use my headphones on my PC or on my Playstation. Most interesting one is they can't even connect to my bluetooth device in a sec. They just struggle to find the device and connect. I believe the algorithm in the firmware unnecessarily heavy and the bluetooth chip technology for music is not ready for what we expect from this kind of product. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Dear Vicky W, 

Thanks for guiding this forum. I'd like to ask you a question, why does Bose invest so much in products or technology that ultimately will never take full advantage of its capabilities? 
The competition uses bluetooth codecs to maximize their music quality in wireless connectivity, so is it possible to update new codecs for its products in the near future?

I like Bose products, I really do but lately you're keeping behind : (

Regards,

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2020

I would like to know the same thing. This puts a lot of pressure on me as an Android user.

Im planning to buy a high-end headphones and aptx HD is high on my list. Might go with the B&W px7 if bose is not planning to add this codec.