Highlighted
PPLANCH
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

Bose 700 Bluetooth connection question

After unpacking and setting up my new Bose 700 (with the Bose Music app on my iPhone), specifically naming my device "Philip's Bose700", I notice 2 separate connections in my Bluetooth settings on the iPhone : "Bose NC 700 HP" and "LE-Philip's Bose700". The latter is not always connected, and when connected the "information" only shows possibility to "forget this device", not "disconnect". The first one ("Bose NC 700 HP") is apparently the one used for audio (when I disconnect this one, music stops playing).

What is the purpose of these 2 connections ? and why am I offered the possibility of naming my device in the app if then that name is not used in the bluetooth connections on the device ?

Please clarify, I can't find anything about this in the user manual or on your website.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose 700 Bluetooth connection question

Author Accepted Answer selected by PPLANCH

Hi PPLANCH,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

Regarding your query, the LE connection is the Bluetooth Low Energy which is a form of wireless connection that allows your source device and your headphones to communicate over short distances. This allows you to power on the headset by opening the Bose Music application or selecting the headphones from your recently paired list without having to physically power on the headphones. The naming of the headphones seems to differ between devices as is the presence of the ‘LE’ connection. I would recommend clearing the pairing list using the LINK HERE and deleting the pairing on your source device and seeing if this makes a difference.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us again!  

Kindest,

Jessie O – Community Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose 700 Bluetooth connection question

Author Accepted Answer selected by PPLANCH

Hi PPLANCH,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

Regarding your query, the LE connection is the Bluetooth Low Energy which is a form of wireless connection that allows your source device and your headphones to communicate over short distances. This allows you to power on the headset by opening the Bose Music application or selecting the headphones from your recently paired list without having to physically power on the headphones. The naming of the headphones seems to differ between devices as is the presence of the ‘LE’ connection. I would recommend clearing the pairing list using the LINK HERE and deleting the pairing on your source device and seeing if this makes a difference.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us again!  

Kindest,

Jessie O – Community Support

View solution in original post