PhillH
Participant
Registered since

Apr 15, 2021

Bose 700 Connecting to Windows 10 as Headphones, no mic

When connecting to my work Windows 10 laptop, there is no longer an option to use the 700's  mic. 

Looking in the bluetooth settings the 700 headphones are shown as 'Headphones' and not a headset.

I have restarted both devices, reset the headphones, updated the firmware, removed all parings and re-paired and still no option to use the 700's mic. It was working a month ago, but has stopped working for some reason. Any suggestions?

PS, mic works fine the I connect to my phone, and other headsets work with my laptop. 

3 REPLIES 3
Jessie_O

Re: Bose 700 Connecting to Windows 10 as Headphones, no mic

Hey PhilH, 

Thank you for your post and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with connecting to your PC and will do all I can to assist you! 

I would recommend making sure that the Bluetooth drivers are up to date on your PC. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
mach6X
Participant
Registered since

Apr 30, 2021

Hey Phill, can you tell me if you solved this and how? I am having the same problem, but mine are only connecting as a headset. Happened right after updating my PC.

Liam_G

Hello Mach6X and welcome to the Community! I will happily assist you with this. 
Have you tried any troubleshooting steps with your headphones? If not, I would recommend that you try these methods first from our support page.

I hope this helps

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!