Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Bose 700 Headphone bluetooth connection drops

Hi, My Bose 700 headphones loses its Bluetooth connection and connects automatically. But the frequency is very less and it is quiet random. Out of my 2 weeks of usage i noticed that it dropped 3 or 4 times. Even though it connects automatically, i am bit worried whether the frequency of disconnection will go high in the future. Please advice if it is a know issue and Bose is working for any any solution. If not please let me know if any steps to be followed to test my Bluetooth connectivity

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose 700 Headphone bluetooth connection drops

Author Accepted Answer selected by Arafath Khan

Hi Arafath Khan,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear you are getting Bluetooth disconnections while using your headphones and I would be happy to help with this.

So we can help with this as accurately as possible, what device(s) have we been using the headphones with when we noticed the disconnection?

This isn't something I would worry about increasing in frequency. Bluetooth dropouts can happen occasionally, and can be caused by things such as distance to the source and wireless interference. We do, however, have some steps that we can take to make sure we have the strongest possible Bluetooth connection.

The first would be making sure your headphones are fully up to date. We can do this on a computer by going to our Device Updater and following the on-screen instructions.

If we still notice the headphones disconnecting after this we can try resetting the headphones as well. To do so we would want to:

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

I hope this helps. Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Author Accepted Answer selected by Arafath Khan

Hi Arafath Khan,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear you are getting Bluetooth disconnections while using your headphones and I would be happy to help with this.

So we can help with this as accurately as possible, what device(s) have we been using the headphones with when we noticed the disconnection?

This isn't something I would worry about increasing in frequency. Bluetooth dropouts can happen occasionally, and can be caused by things such as distance to the source and wireless interference. We do, however, have some steps that we can take to make sure we have the strongest possible Bluetooth connection.

The first would be making sure your headphones are fully up to date. We can do this on a computer by going to our Device Updater and following the on-screen instructions.

If we still notice the headphones disconnecting after this we can try resetting the headphones as well. To do so we would want to:

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

I hope this helps. Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

i am using MacBook pro and an android mobile connected to the bose 700 headphones. As i said it disconnects very randomly and not frequent. I checked the firmware and it is up to date. I will give a go for few more days and if it continues i will try to follow the reset steps you mentioned. Then you.

Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

Hi Bose Team - Love my Bose products but feeling a bit frustrated. In recent weeks they have started glitching out, making a random (uncomfortable) buzz nouse (2-3seconds) before shutting down & restarting. I feel the quality has also decreased & at times they have been scratchy in sound, tinny, echoey & sometimes when on youtube the audio glitches and goes out of sync.

I've tried the update today but still having issues after the firmware update.  Its actually worse. Prior to the update, when rebooting they would pause the video then reconnect the blutooth. After the update today, they are dropping more frequently & the video doesn't pause & the blutooth doesn't auto reconnect, I have to manually reconnect it each time. (Lasts about 15mins before glitching out..)

I've owned them for about 6 months & I believe they are faulty. How do I return for a replacement? The Sydney store is closed.

Thanks & stay safe,

Nath

Hi Nath,

If you have already tried the troubleshooting in this thread, the next thing I would recommend doing is clearing your Bluetooth pairing between your device and headphones and  reconnecting them.

To clear the pairing on your headphones simply power on your headset, then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared.

If you then forget the headphones on the device you had them connected to, and re-pair them, you will have a new fresh connection to your headphones.

If you do still happen to have any issues after doing this you can reach out to the local support team for Australia HERE.

Let me know how you get on!

Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2020

I have tried all suggested "troubleshooting." I have cleared the BT list on my phone and the device list on the headset (repeatedly). 

I have already shipped back the headset AND RECEIVED A NEW ONE - WITH THE SAME FAULT: It drops cellular call connection, making it useless for me.

Strangely enough, the headset worked fine until some update earlier this year. I expected to get a patch or update from you reasonably soon.

What am I missing here? What are you, Bose, missing?

Having spent more time on troubleshooting than the price of the new headset, I want my money back. I do not want to go through the "replacement" procedure again. How can we do that?

Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2020

Any update? I've been having the same issue for months, since I got the headphones. I only use them with my phone, frequently disconnecting and automatically reconnecting (every ~15mn). Suggested troubleshooting was useless. Difficult to swallow given the price tag.

Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

Hi, support.

I have replaced my 700 headphones with new one and they have same problem.

Please fix and stop sending troubleshooting steps they aren't working 

Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

Hi Support.

I have just bought my Bose 700 and I also am suffering the same  disconnects discovered only after 1 day of operation! When listening to mobile calls they go silent after some time and this happens frequently. I was extremely surprised that this happens and bewildered on finding others are suffering the same problem. I own other Bose products and the price point had generally related to quality but with the Bose 700 I am now not so sure! Surely now this is a known issue so please let me know when, how or if this is going to be fixed.

Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

First day of receiving my Bose 700 headphones and also having this issue.  I have them paired with an iPad and IPhone.  The iPhone has the Bose app.  The keep dropping the connection to my phone next to me while I'm on a zoom call on the iPad.  This causes the audible tone to play which has been very annoying. 

I tried the instructions to fix this and now they won't turn back on.  So moving on to figure out how to fix that issue.