Highlighted
4pairsin
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Bose 700 Headphones Auto Shut-Off

Hello,

I have a new pair of 700’s that I have correctly paired to my device and set-up. In the settings, I have set the “auto-shut-off” to never as I do want a contioous 8+ hours of play time. However, the headphones still shut off after 20 minutes. I have deleted the devise, connected, and reset-up. The problem still exists. I have tried some of the older headphone troubleshooting techniques, but those don’t work as everything seems to be done through the new AP. Please help! 

101 REPLIES 101

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Auto Shut-Off

Hello 4pairsin, 

Welcome to the Bose Community, thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with auto shut-off. 

There are two timers in the Noise Cancelling Headphone  700: Auto-off (user adjustable in app), and Motionless Shutdown (using the sensor hardware in the headset).  

Auto-off defaults to “Never” (but can be configured via the app) and refers to the state of the headphones streaming music.  

Motionless Shutdown is programmed to override the Auto-off setting (after around 10 minutes of no motion) regardless of the state of the headphones, and is not configurable.

Motionless Shutdown is incredibly sensitive to movement, so even the slightest twitch will prevent the headphones from going off.

Are you moving while the headphones are being used? or are you completely stationary? 

If anyone else is having similar issues, please take the above on board, and feel free to comment if the headphones are shutting off prematurely even when they are being worn and you are moving. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

MikeShow
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Jeff G - I have also reported this on another thread concerning no motion auto shut off. As I bought these 700's for use in my meditation practice there is no motion of my head during it and so they power down with a very loud (louder than the volume I am using) alarming "power down chime". This so called facility make the headphones totally unsuitable for me so please why can't some switch be included in the Bose Music app to turn off "no motion power down"? Please give  customers the option to make our own choices and don't impose this on us.

Tp2wxc
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

Bose headphone 700 turns itself off

It happened to me several times now.  My Bose 700 headphone turns itself off within 30 minutes during use.  I had sufficient battery and Auto off in app setting is off.  Anyone have solution for this?  Thanks!

matt4211
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Same issue here. Sit still and the music stops, headphones shutdown. Very dissapointing this "motion sensing auto off" can not be disabled. 

Hi all, 

I'm truly sorry that this feature is an inconvenience to yourselves.

Your concerns are completely appreciated and all of your comments will be passed along to our development team for review.

Should this feature deem your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 as unusable for you, please do reach out to our customer service team to discuss possible options. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Do let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

MikeShow
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Charlotte G,

Thank you for your reply. I love the 700's apart from this problem so please urge the development team, as strongly as possible, to resolve the inability to turn off "auto-off" when no motion detected if not required by the customer.

Regards - Mike

matt4211
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I would like to second Mike's request. Please give the user an option to disable this. I can not use the headphones this way when they turn off. Otherwise I really like them. Thanks!

mmmmm
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Same issue here, why this is not discolsed before we buy it?

I talked to Customer Service Agents and they did not know about this feature. I am requesting a firmware update to enable users to control headphone operations. This is very frustrating, I thought my headphone was defective, and requested a replacment (which was approved by CSA) to find the new ones behave the same way.

Please fix asap! If I can't control my headphone it is a a bug not a feature. I DO WANT TO BE ABLE TO USE IT WHILE SLEEPING for example, right now I can't do that because it always turn itself off.

Very frustrating and very bad customer expereince, this need to be fixed asap or I will return it, I know at least another 3 colleges who has the same issue and they all will do the same unless BOSE release immidiate FW update soon!

TBag
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

Same here, trying to relax while listening to music or napping resulted in 10 minute shutoff.   I returned mine for a refund and will consider purchasing again if Bose allows the owner to disable that in some future update.