Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Auto Shut-Off

Piling on the above: I am also one of the numerous users using my Bose headphones to sleep. It is unbelievable how Bose could have prioritized a feature like that, totally ignoring how customers use their products in the process.

@boseplease listen to your customers and fix it in an update.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

@bose I'm starting to suspect that this "feature" is implemented on hardware level and cannot be fixed by firmware. If so, then this is one of the biggest engineering mistakes. Inability to change this behavior should be mentioned and accented in specs and documentation.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

700 Headphones auto sleeping is buggy

The 700 headphones failed to detect that I was actively using them in a meeting with Microsoft Teams on my Lenovo and they shut them selves off twice during the meeting. They detect when I'm using them for every other use on the laptop except Microsoft Teams. This bug appears rarely when watching movies on my iPhones. Please report this to the software devs so they fix it.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Should we wait for a firmware update? or it's not possible to change with firmware?

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Since there really has been no response in a while from a bose rep, this issue most likely will not be resolved.  It's  a shame they're really ignoring their customers.   Maybe they're trying to get out of the headphone side of the business.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Looks like it's just a too complex task to create perfect headphones and every company has own issues always 😁. However I don't think they made that timer out of firmware that works fully without control from firmware. Maybe they need more time to fix it. You know, like a big company issue: everybody knows the issue and how to fix it, but needs some amount of angry users, signing a ton of paperwork to process that improvement in the firmware, then wait a month for development team, then a month for QA team, then wait a month when it be signed by CEO, and finally in production 😁. This is how it works in some companies at least. And hopefully they make ability to switch it off soon. 

@Jeff_G  are you still here? Can you update on what is going with this issue? Was it sent to review to some management guys at least? ) 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Well sadly it looks like Bose engineers have been working on a new color for these headphones. Soapstone! Just got the email today. Hope they get this issue fixed so those of us that have returned them will want to buy them again in ANY color! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

Going to return mine as well i cant stand them shutting off

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Yes I’m just perplexed on what to buy. Sennheiser is coming out with a new model this month. Sonys Wh-1000XM3’s are getting a little less expensive but still only connect to 1 device at a time and have terrible phone capabilities. Talked to Philips this am and their new PH805 has been postponed. Consumer electronics show is coming up in January where there is sure to be more new headphones announced but that’s a ways off and I need headphones to travel before then.  And all I wanted in a headphone Bose has but can’t get this 1 issue figured out. So perplexed on what to do and what to buy now. 😞

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Bose Reps - Any update to this topic? It must be possible to disable the motionless auto-shutoff entirely. Thanks.