Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Auto Shut-Off

The topic started in July - this is not a good sign.

Great headphones but I consider this a major feature flaw.

What's a reasonable amount of time to wait for a resolution?  I could be patient if I was confident one was coming.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Is there a way to configure the sound the headset makes when it auto shuts on/off?  I use the noise cancellation headphones to fall asleep but the [motionless] auto shut-off sound causes me to wake up.  It's a problem when one suffers from insomnia.  In my case, it defeats the purpose of having fancy speakers to cancel sound.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

I called Bose today to inquire about the motionless auto-shutoff feature.  

The representative indicated that there were no plans to resolve my issue as the product is working as intended.  The only remedy would be if enough people expressed concern then it would be addressed.  I don't know what enough is but I took the liberty to draft an email.  Please feel free to copy and paste.  Perhaps we can have this address with a little teamwork.

To: support at bose.com

Subject: Motionless Auto-shutoff Bose 700

To whom it may concern:

I am one of the numerous Bose 700 headphone users that uses the headphones to sleep, meditate or listen to audio while being motionless for greater than ten minutes.

Hearing a jarring sound when the motionless auto-shut feature activates is not only jarring but it defeats the purpose of the headphones.

Please acknowledge your intent to remedy and timeframe so that I and others can decide to return the headphones while in the acceptable return window.

Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.

Regards,

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Can you post the email address to whom this email at Bose this letter needs to go to? 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

@Itsonlymee  Bose does not let us format email addresses so I typed support at bose.com.  The more people that send the email the better. Thanks!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

returned mine. This reminds me of engineers who use designed the micro-usb connector.  Don't know how but 75% of the time I try to plug it in the incorrect orientation.  These people OBVIOUSLY have never tested these in a real life environment with more than 3 people.

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Ya Sennheiser should be coming out with their PXC550-2‘s any day now. So that’s where my money is going. Poor Mr. Bose. He’s probably turning over in his grave! This is so sad! 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

Ooohh..can't wait to try those out.  Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully they'll have great NC. 🙏

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

By no response indicates Bose only cares about quantity not quality.   Expensive paper weight...

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Gotcha! Thanks for clarifying! I took mine back, but I’ll send a letter for those of you still battling this firmware update that needs to happen!