Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeheft
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2020

Bose 700 Headphones Bluetooth cuts out

There are posts about this issue everywhere. I've tried what has been suggested to no avail. Periodically, while listening to spotify during work, the bluetooth will cut out requiring a restart of the headphones. Any assistance able to be provided on this matter is greatly appreciated

14 REPLIES 14
Hector_B

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Bluetooth cuts out

Hello mikeheft, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you have had this experience, I would love to assist you further. 

So that I don't get you to repeat any steps can you please confirm which troubleshooting methods you have attempted so far?  Can you please also confirm if the issue only happens with one device or across all? 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the answers to the questions above. 

Thanks, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
mikeheft
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2020

I have ensured the firmware is up to date. I have unpaired and repaired the headphones. I have removed and reinstalled the app. 

Tegan_M

Hi mikeheft, 

Thanks for confirming these steps for us. These were good first steps to perform. 

What I would next suggest is that you clear the Bluetooth list of your headphones, and removing the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 off of your devices Bluetooth list. To clear your headphones Bluetooth list; Power on your headset, then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared.

Following this, I would also suggest in rebooting your mobile device and ensuring it is up to date with the latest software. 

Can you please inform us on the devices in which you experience this issue?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
mikeheft
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2020

I have done all of these as well and the problem still persists

Tegan_M

Hi Mikeheft, 

Thanks for giving this a go, I am very sorry to hear this persists. 

Do you get this audio experience when you do a wired connection?

Can you also try using your headphones with another device?

Finally, are you streaming Spotify directly through the Bose Music app or through the Spotify app? 

Do let us know. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
BryanVenegoni42
Participant
Registered since

Feb 8, 2020

Also experiencing this and many other great issues since I purchased these headphones, while traveling in Missouri, so I can't return where I bought them. So over these things... If it isn't the audio cutting out randomly like there is an obstruction between my phone and headphones, it's this ridicuously loud glitchy noise that actually hurts my ears and cause a high pitched ringing to persist... I have also had numerous occasions that I left my house with em to listen to while out and they won't turn on until I find a wall outlet and my power cord(difficult if hiking) and press and hold the power button as I plug them in to reset them or whatever. I too have repeatedly tried all the common troubleshooting fixes that I've found on this and the numerous other threads with people complaint about the quality of these highly overpriced headphones. I would definitely not recommend them to a friend, nor an enemy. These are hands down the most uncooperative headphones I have ever purchased and I used to own some v-moda BT headphones and those were so bad I returned them within the first week of purchase as I bought them locally and was easily able to do so.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi BryanVenegoni42,

Thank you for posting and joining the discussion, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with your headphones.

Given the description you have provided of the issue and the troubleshooting you have tried already, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team. They will be able to help you get this resolved. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let us know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Trying to help you...
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Hi Tegan:

To help you with your troubleshooting and in answer to your questions...

I have two Samsung cellphones, both Android 9 and 10.  Both worked perfectly fine with my JBL Bluetooth earphones, and my JBL Bluetooth speaker (and still continue to).  I do not use Spotify or any streaming service.  I have my music loaded in my phone and use the stock Samsung Music app that comes with the phone.  When I listen to music, I only have 1 Bluetooth device functioning at that time (my JBL earphones, or my JBL speaker, or my Bose 700) and nothing else connected via Bluetooth.

I've paired my new Bose 700 headphones to my Android 10 via Bluetooth, and the music does cut out randomly for 1-2 secs and then recovers.  The Bluetooth connection remains connected to the phone; there's no loss of Bluetooth connectivity detected at the cellphone or on the Bose 700.

Next, I paired my Android 9 phone with my Bose 700 via Bluetooth.  The exact same thing happens: music cuts out randomly for 1-2 secs, and Bluetooth connectivity is solid.

I have also tried to use the "resetting of the headphones" and the "clearing of the Bluetooth devices" instructions that you had offered to everyone in the Community.  Both didn't help.  Suggestion: It would be better if you guys to do another key sequence to reset the headphones, like pressing the left and right buttons simultaneously for more than 5 secs to reset instead of having to plug the USB cable in.  It'll be far easier to reset without needing power.

Per your suggestion and question, I hardwire connected the Bose 700 to my cellphone - the music had NO drop-outs using both cellphones.  I played my music for more than 5 cycles and experienced zero drop-outs.  Using Bluetooth connectivity, I would get several drop-outs guaranteed within only 1 playing of the tune.

One other observation: When I first bought the Bose 700, it worked perfectly for the first 1-2 days.  After that, I started hearing the drop-outs.  I thought it was due to Bluetooth interference, but over time, the drop-outs became more frequent.  Now it's at a point where it's so annoying that I don't use my 700 headphones anymore.  This seems to indicate a memory overflow problem because the errors accumulate over time with more usage.

After all of the troubleshooting and isolating down the problem, I am convinced that it's a software problem inside your Bose 700 headphones, probably something to do with the software using the Bluetooth audio profile.  It's probably not the Bluetooth chipset (that would be a disaster if it was a hardware problem) as the headset seems to take phone calls just fine, so the Bluetooth phone profile seems to work.  I've been able to converse with callers using the Bose 700 without any issue.  HOWEVER, I have not taken enough phone calls to know if this truly is a problem or not.  It could over time also have the same audio drop out issue.

I hope this helps you to isolate your software issue so that you can push a new software version to all of us suffering.

Separate note: When I signed into your website to try and get into this Community to report my findings, I kept getting a "HTTP Status 401 - Authentication Failed: Invalid login specified. Login cannot be empty or contain follow character:[C@3c8ba44f" error which prevents me from logging in to be able to give additional info to you for troubleshooting.  I'd been waiting for more than 1 week to see if you guys would fix it.  I even called your support desk to report this issue.  He told me "sign in with new login ID".  This is terrible.  I now have 2 separate accounts with you.  You guys really need to fix your website.  There may be many more people out there who can contribute to your troubleshooting but may not be able to login to report their findings.  Your website may prohibit me from being able to sign in with my new dummy login ID so my ability to help you troubleshoot further might be limited.

If you want me to help you further with troubleshooting, I am willing to help.  I want to see this solved so that I can use my Bose 700.

tnesavich
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Suggest replacing with Sony.  I literally just returned a lemon that failed with the red and white light failure:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/NC-700-Red-White-blinking-LED/td-p/220873

The replacement 700 is still unable to gracefully transition from computer to phone.  Even when not transitioning the audio cuts out when playing music from computer and only works uninterrupted when streaming music from phone or if I want to use computer I have to disconnect phone. ... That said, why not just pair your headset once to your phone and skip computer all together?