lduboc
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 22, 2019

Bose 700 Headphones: Bluetooth is completely off when using cable?

Hi,

I saw on the forum that "If you connect the cable to your headphones, this will turn the Bluetooth off and allow you to use the headphones with Noise Cancelling and no Bluetooth. Please be aware that there is no way to turn off Bluetooth when the cable is not connected."

What is not clear to me is whether it is really off when we connect a cable, I mean NOT emitting any type of radiation, or in some sort of stand-by.

1. Can you please clarify?

2. Does the other side of the cable need to be connected to another device  to turn off the Bluetooth?  Or just needs to be plugged in the headphone itself? I ask in case I just want to use the noise cancelling function without music.

3. Is there any official document from Bose that explains that the Bluetooth is not emitting any radiation if the cable is connected?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 Headphones: Bluetooth is completely off when using cable?

Hello lduboc,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

When the cable is connected, the Bluetooth is completely disabled including the Bluetooth Low Energy(BLE). You do not need to the cable to be connected to a device. As soon as the cable has been inserted into the headphones, Bluetooth disables. You can view details of our Regulatory Information on page 4. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.