Highlighted
J_C_M
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 13, 2020

Bose 700 Headphones Call Distortions Intermittent

I thought the new microphone array in the Bose 700s was going to solve all my problems, but I'm experiencing something that may lead to me returning them.  I have an iphone 6 and I use my 700s in the office all day.  However, when placing celular calls particularly within a few minutes the sound becomes distorted as does the microphone.  I can barely understand the person I'm speaking with and vice versa.  I usually toggle between the phone, speaker and 700s a number of times to try to clear it.  Sometimes that won't even work and I just have to take the call from my phone.  I've had them for a few weeks and may need to return them and go back to my QC25s.  I love the noise cancelling but Bose continues to miss the mark when it comes to using these for calling.  I had the QC35s for less than two weeks before returning them.  They elevated any ambient sound in my office over and above my voice when I was on conference calls and it sounded like my voice kept cutting out.  I was really hopeful the 700s solved this problem and now I've run into a new issue. I may have to remain tethered to my devices, because this is not manageable, nor is it acceptable for a $400 set of headphones. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Call Distortions Intermittent

Hi J_C_M,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to learn that you've encountered issues with the NC700 headphones when using them for taking calls. This should not be causing you this kind of trouble and I'd be happy to assist you.

You mention this issue occurs when being used with your iPhone 6. Have you experienced taking calls on any other mobile devices and if so, did you notice the same distortion issue?

I'd advise trying a reset of the headset, to see if this helps in preventing the distortion issue. You may also find it beneficial to use the Bose updater, to ensure the headphones are running the latest firmware.

Let me know how things go for you.

Warm regards,
Sam F - Community Support