Charlie Simith
Participant
Registered since

Mar 3, 2020

Bose 700 Headphones Charging Issue

I have read the manual and searched other community posts and have not come across my exact issue. My Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones are dead and will not pick up a charge. I have tried multiple cords and outlets.

The white light does not flash when I try charging the headphones, but the light will flash twice when the headphones are plugged into the charger and I press the Bluetooth button. To clarify the headphones are plugged into the charger and no lights are on or flashing. Then when I push the Bluetooth button, both the Bluetooth and the charging white light flash once together, followed by the white light flashing one more time with no accompanying Bluetooth light. 

5 REPLIES 5
Hector_B

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Charging Issue

Hello Charlie Simith! 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to read that you are having some issues with your NCH 700, let's look into this further for you. 

A flashing white led can mean two things depending on the speed of the flash, if it's a slow blink this means that the headset is charging. If the headphones are blinking fast this means that the headset is updating. 

I would recommend that you ensure that your headset is running the latest software version, this can be done by connecting them to a PC via the USB charging cable. Once connected please visit our online updater and follow the on-screen instructions. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the answers to the above.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Charlie Simith
Participant
Registered since

Mar 3, 2020

Sorry for the misunderstanding, the white light is not blinking like anything described in the user manual. I only blinks when I hold down the Bluetooth/Power button, and when I do hold down the Bluetooth/Power button it only blinks twice and then stops. 

I cannot check for updates because the headphones are dead with no power. 

I have used multiple cords and outlets. 

Hector_B

Thanks for updating me on this @Charlie Simith

You will be able to still update the headset via the PC method even if they have no power, is the PC able to detect the headset when you are connected via USB? 

The headset will blink when you press the button when charging as this is how you perform a reset, the full steps can be found below: 

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

Please do update us on the result of the above steps.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
olideb
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2020

Hi,

My headphones won't charge anymore.

- used different cables, outlets, sockets -> no success

- tried the reset method multiple times -> no success

- tried updating the firmware. My laptop recognized that the headphones were plugged in because it successfully checked that an update was available. The update seemed to work well, but when reaching about 98% of completion, an error popped up saying that the device was completely discharged and needed to be charged before going any further. So, apparently, this contradicts the statement that an update can be done even with a dead battery.

- all the LEDs function as expected. The white one is now slowly blinking, indicating that the battery is charging, but I actually can't get it charged. I have left the device like that for 3 days and 3 nights, in different sockets, with different cables, and still can't get a charge.

It is very frustrating. What next step can I take?

Thanks for your prompt reply,

Olideb

Sam_F

Hey olideb,

I'm sorry to hear you're also having difficulty charging your headphones. Thank you for clarifying what you've attempted, because it is recommended to test alternative cables, and power outlets for reference.

In regard to the battery life of the headphones, when you leave them to charge for hours and take them off, what percentage of battery does the Bose Music app show? Does it ever hit 100%, or is the issue that the light never stops slowly blinking (indicating charging)?

Have you attempted the firmware again since the process failed at 98%, just to check it wasn't a one-off error?