Highlighted
iRares27
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Bose 700 Headphones Made in China ??

Hi! 

I’m a fresh new member of Bose community. I’ve just bought the Bose 700 Noise Cancelling Headphones from a well known local store and I saw on the box that the Headphones are manufactered in China. It’s true or I’ve just bought a counterfeit product? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Made in China ??

Author Accepted Answer selected by iRares27

Hello iRares27,

Thanks for posting in the Bose Community.

I can confirm that the NC Headphones 700 originate from China. You can find more information regarding this under Regulatory Information on Page 5 of the Owner's guide.

Additionally, @Morlock makes a very good point. If you are worried about the authenticity, connecting to the Bose Music app and using our online updater would likely mean that they are real. 

Another suggestion I have would be entering the serial number on our Product Finder.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

They have manufacturing around the world, but it depends on the product where they are made.  I beleive the NC700s are made in china.

The best ways to check their authenticity would be connecting them to the Bose Music app, and/or updating them at BTU.bose.com.  If they are recognised by those, then it's likely to be real.

Author Accepted Answer selected by iRares27

Hello iRares27,

Thanks for posting in the Bose Community.

I can confirm that the NC Headphones 700 originate from China. You can find more information regarding this under Regulatory Information on Page 5 of the Owner's guide.

Additionally, @Morlock makes a very good point. If you are worried about the authenticity, connecting to the Bose Music app and using our online updater would likely mean that they are real. 

Another suggestion I have would be entering the serial number on our Product Finder.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support