Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

Bose 700 Headphones Turn Bluetooth off?

Hi, is there a way to completely turn Bluetooth off on these headphones while still using noise cancelling? For example, if the wire is plugged in, can I use noise cancelling but have Bluetooth completely turned off? Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Turn Bluetooth off?

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hi Gmh, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community! 

Great question! If you connect the cable to your headphones, this will turn the Bluetooth off and allow you to use the headphones with Noise Cancelling and no Bluetooth. Please be aware that there is no way to turn off Bluetooth when the cable is not connected. 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can do, please reach out again. I'd love to help! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hi Gmh, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community! 

Great question! If you connect the cable to your headphones, this will turn the Bluetooth off and allow you to use the headphones with Noise Cancelling and no Bluetooth. Please be aware that there is no way to turn off Bluetooth when the cable is not connected. 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can do, please reach out again. I'd love to help! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support!

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

I have to say this is one of the stupidest design flaws I've ever encountered.  There is NO way to power off these headphones.  Supposedly they turn off on their own after 10 minutes of non-use.  But that is a non-truth.  Complete bull**bleep**.  These headphones battery will die in the case while waiting to be used.

Highlighted

Hi there, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

You are able to turn off the headphones fully by pressing the Bluetooth button on the back of the right ear cup. If you want the Auto-off feature enabled this can be found inside the Bose Music App in settings under Power > Auto Off  and then set this to the desired length. 

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask me or the community. 

Warm regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

Hector, I appreciate the reply but that is simply not true.  You can press the bluetooth button all day long and these headphones will not power off.  The white power button remains on regardeless.  And they continue to drain power.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello thin white duke,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I can confirm that @Hector_B was correct that you should be able to press the Bluetooth/Power button once then a sound will indicate that the headset is powering off; it will be similar to the powering on sound. As you said this is not the case for you, so this leads me to believe there may be an issue with the button. I would recommend trying a product reset and trying to power the headset off using the button again, you should also check the auto-off settings in the Bose Music App are where you want them to be. 

To reboot your headset:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue

I understand this is extremely frustrating for you and I will try to assist you the best I can. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

I agree with you.  There is no clear way to turn them off.  Hold the button all day long and they still don't go off.  It is a Bose problem.  Software update please.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello Bingo Bingo,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. Have you tried any of the troubleshooting suggested above?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

Hi guys,

really a real shame!

you can fully turn the headphones (new 700)off!!! I hope this will be fixed ASAP or I will return these and switch to Sony- I had 7 hours left, turned the power off ! After 2 days wanted to use them and they were empty!!?! How come... who wants to charge them all the time when one is not evening using them..unbelievable really!!! Apart from this issue.. they r amazing

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to give my greetings and confirm there is a way to turn off the 700s completely. 

Yes, press the bluetooth button but do not hold it down. It needs to be a quick push of the bluetooth button. 

Took me a minute to figure out but once i got it was easy.