Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Turn Bluetooth off?

Thank you for your tips! You need to press it quickly, like half a second literally. The manual did not mention that.

I got it as a gift, and I have been trying to turn off. I set the timer to turn off after five minutes, and it doesn't turn off. When I left it overnight, and it will be off. I didn't know how long it takes to turn off on its own.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

@Jessie_O Could please confirm that, when cable is connected to the headphone, then the bluetooth is completely turned off (on hardware level)? I am, not in standby mode, but completely with zero radiation?

Highlighted

Hi Tomasz,

We can confirm that when you have the cable connected it does disable the Bluetooth completely. It is not in any form of standby mode.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Bottom Line Up Front:

• you must be charger cable connected to a device or charger
  • briefly press the BT key

Questions:

• How does the app Power-Off app work? While listening or while not being used (sensor)? How about luggage jostling?
  • Are the developers going to fix this? (example: I just don't happen to have my power cable, on a flight and am shutting down for landing)
  • Did any of the design team actually try to put this into carry-on? (example...folding?).
Highlighted

Hi ImpliedConsent, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

In regards to your questions, it's not completely clear what you mean so I have answered as best I can, but please feel free to correct me if I've gone down the wrong path!

You do not have to have a cable connected to shut off Bluetooth completely. When turning off the headphones by pressing the Power/Bluetooth button, this will also deactivate the Bluetooth. The headphones also have an auto-off function which you can choose to deactivate in the App (you will need the latest firmware version installed on the headphones and latest App update). Auto-off is designed to conserve the headphone battery by using motion-detection. and the headphones will power off when you have not moved the headphones for 10 minutes or 1 hour (this can be selected in the App). To wake the headphones after Auto-off, simply press the Power/Bluetooth button. You can access this option from the settings menu. As for the folding, the headphones come with a case in which the headphones fit perfectly inside and will protect the headphones when traveling.

I hope this helps! Let me know if there is anything else I can do! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

Not true people...have to make sure music app is connected and change auto off to desired time..5 minutes..2 hours...and will lose the white light as prescribed ...only works once and have to redo it...if not connected ..defaults to Always the white light...tough to do when not connected as you are on an airplane...correct Bose? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

I’m wondering when Bose plans to offer a way t manually turn off the Bose 700 headphones. I’ve seen posts from Bose team members stating to press the Bluetooth button. I’ve tried everything from single press to doing it 2 and 3 times in a row. It doesn’t work it’s CLEARLY a BUG. These headphones were released months ago get this done. While your at it get an EQ added in the app to allow the user to adjust the frequency based on taste.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

@tomasz12 Hi - I don't believe the reply from Bose is 100% accurate or at least, with respect to my headphones.

I am using the NC 700s with the wire plugged into the headphones.

When I try to change the level of noise canceling using the button on the left earcup, the Bluetooth turns back on even with the wire still in the headphones. 

I can tell this is occurring as after I change the noise canceling using said button, my iPhone connects to the headphones via Bluetooth (via my prompt on the iPhone to connect) i.e. the pressing of the noise canceling adjustment button on the left ear cup re-activates the Bluetooth on the headphone even if the audio cable is plugged in,

If you are concerned regarding radiation, do take this into account. A very odd situation....

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

Thanks.  That worked perfect.  Tried everything until your suggestion. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

My Bose 700 say "bluetooth off" but I don't know how to turn it back on?

Andy