Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Turn Bluetooth off?

Thanks! This was so frustrating... turns out it was user error all the time!! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

😞 there should be a way to turn bluetooth off even when the cable is not plugged in... Otherwise it keeps saying "connecting to ..." for each device. And it's also bad to not be able to turn off the extra EM waves by bluetooth..

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Hi. Can I adjust the level of ANC when wired when turned on? If so, how? Just to be clear on a couple things, when one plugs in the a wire to the jack (or more precisly, a male jack into the female jack on the 700's), this disengages the Bluetooth but you still have active EQ? And you can have sound (wired to a tv for example) when the 700's are turned off or on? And, as I was intially asking, you have ANC if wired and turned on but can you adjust the level of ANC AND and if so, how? Thanks. 

Just my two cents for possible future updates, I'd very much like to be able to use them in a number of ways. At a concert or at the theater e.g. No BT or wired but noise cancelling. I'd also like L/R independant eq as well as independant volume control on L/R. I'm an old musician with hearing issues and extreme tinitus in my left ear hence the longing for comprehensive control. It doesn't seem to me that this would be out of the question to do via good software and I'll bet you'd have a slew of aging musicians standing in line to purchase them. Thanks!

Highlighted

Hi CLaws, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. You can only adjust the ANC when wired via the 3 presets that you have set previously when connecting to the headphones. You will still get sound when the headphones are turned off and wired. 

I appreciate the feedback regarding future feature requests and will pass this onto the relevant teams for you! If any other community members would like to see these features or other features implemented please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

@Hector_B wrote:

Hi CLaws, 

"Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. You can only adjust the ANC when wired via the 3 presets that you have set previously when connecting to the headphones. You will still get sound when the headphones are turned off and wired." 

Thanks for the prompt reply, Hector. I presume you're referring to the QC35's as the 700's have 11 presets. I just bought a new pair of QC35 ll's but plan on returning them for the 700's as I find the noise cancelling lacking, even on the 3rd preset. I want to make sure that the 700's behave like the 35's when wired as I'm mostly satisfied with everything except the ANC and I very much would like to not feel the need to return them.
Thanks, again, Hector. My best. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello CLaws,

Thanks for getting back in touch, what @Hector_ B means is that you can select 3 ANC levels on the headphones and within the Bose Music app.

I hope that the Noise-Cancelling Headphones 700 are more suited to your needs, should you need any further assistance then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

@Zoe_C wrote:

Hello CLaws,

Thanks for getting back in touch, what @Hector_ B means is that you can select 3 ANC levels on the headphones and within the Bose Music app.

Does this mean that the 11 levels of ANC on the 700's can be accessed through the headphone buttons of the 700's while wired? Perhaps it may be simpler to explain to me what  features can be accessed and/or are operable while the 700's are hardwired presuming that the bluetooth is defeated when the jack is plugged in. I've found it difficult to get information about using the Bose QC35's and 700's while hardwired and that's primarily how I'd like to use them. At some point I'm sure I'd like to pair them via Bluetooth with my Macbook Pro which will bring a new set of questions I'm sure. Just FWIW, I don't care for mobile apps that must access my contacts, my locale and other personal data to fuction so I avoid them for obvious reasons. It seems that everyday some company that I either do business with or have done business has had a data breach. My ID has been stolen twice so I'd prefer not giving any personal data to anyone anywhere at this point. 
Thanks so much, Zoe.

Highlighted

Hi CLaws, 

Thanks for reaching back out to us today. 

You will only be able to use the presets of 0, 5 and 10 as they are the defaults for the headphones. So without using the app at all this won't be adjustable, when you plug the headphones in with the Aux this will disable Bluetooth. 

I hope this helps! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2019

if it is not possible to turn bluetooth off.....why does the lady say after stating battery time.....bluetooth off....who made the lady say that when the function doesnt exist.....and why can my bluetooth speakers brand new not B used for bluetooth....????

very saddening experiency..... i cannot do my work without.....please help me???

Highlighted

Hello joyguru,

Thank you for messaging the community, I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

I am very sorry to hear that you are having a negative experience, can you please elaborate on what connectivity issues you're experiencing? 

We would love to do what we can to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!