cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kman
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Windows 10 Bluejeans and Google Hangouts Mic dropping out

hiva I recommend a return. It's not simply an issue with the 700's:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC-35-ii-dropping-mic-during-every-calls-and-...

Bose needs to address this and update the community with a fix.

pmallin7
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Windows 10 Bluejeans and Google Hangouts Mic dropping out

I have the same issue.  They are essentially useless on conference calls and I've switched over to the Airpods Pro.  See the attached screenshot of my chat with Bose support.  They at least admit that they know the headphones do not work well with computers.  It's sad, but I am switching to Jabra and I suggest you do to so that they are forced to get this fixed.IMG_1150.png

Tobias82
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Unfortunately. I have the same problem with my Headphones 700. Though, in my case the problem just occurs, when I am on a google hangout video call. After appr. 15 minutes google hangouts tells me, that there is a problem with my microphone and I should restart. In other applications like Slack or go for meeting the microphone is stable so far. unfortunately, we use a lot of hangout meetings in our company. And it is really frustrating to re-start the whole meeting after several minutes again and again ...  

Is there any fix for this problem yet? Would be glad to get another answer from the Bose support. Any idea, what to do ... 

Andrew B
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Same issue Bose 700 BT HP, connection to Spotify on Windows 10 laptop is fine, Zoom connection is ok, but Bluejeans and Teams is terrible and massively inconsistent - sometimes its ok for a period then drops, other time the mic works but the speakers wont. Appreciate they may not be designed specifically for laptop use but in the current climate and how much VC activity there is identifying a fix should be a priority one one think - particularly given the cost of the headphones.

Giora
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

Well, this is happening to me as well with my 700. Happens only on Google Meet calls, and the sound quality of my mic suddenly drops. Does NOT happen on Zoom calls though, which is an important piece of QA information for you guys at Bose.

The message I replied to with the screenshot of the conversation with Bose is seriously worrying: The hardware is not working properly? Get it fixed, guys, this is $300 headphones, not some crap.