kman
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Bose 700 Headphones Windows 10 Bluejeans and Google Hangouts Mic dropping out

I bought the new 700 headphones primarily for the voice features for business calls. Every single conference call / meeting that runs over some indeterminate amount of time (little as 15 minutes) results in my mic dropping without notice. I can still hear everyone else but I must restart the call to gain my mic support back. Has anyone else had this issue ? 

14 REPLIES 14
Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Windows 10 Bluejeans and Google Hangouts Mic dropping out

Hello kman,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Noise-Cancelling Headphones 700. I would be more than happy to assist you with this today, could you please tell me if this is happening with any other applications on your computer? Are you able to keep the connection with the headphones while on a call over 15 minutes with your phone? Do you have another computer/laptop that you could test to see if the same issue occurs?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

kman
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Windows 10 Bluejeans and Google Hangouts Mic dropping out

Hi Zoe,

Thanks for the quick response. So far this is happening often with the two applications listed: BlueJeans and Hangouts. I have also experienced this with Slack as well on a previous occasion.

The headphone connection remains as I can hear everyone else on the call. Only my mic stops functioning. Restarting the call fixes everything and I'm good for another period of time. I interviewed a candidate today and had to dial them back 3 times during the course of an hour.

I don't have another laptop to test the connection. I could try reproducing bluetooth to my phone. It's a time consuming reproduction.

I previously used a bluetooth headset on this computer (Jaybird) over many communication applications without issue.

Thanks,

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello kman.

Thanks for getting back to me, the information you have provided is very helpful. I would suggest trying a few troubleshooting methods then try testing the headphones again, let's try resetting the headphones, clearing the Bluetooth list of both products and restarting the computer. 

To reboot your headset:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue

To clear the headset memory of previously paired Bluetooth® devices:

• Power on your headset, then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared."

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

kman
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

I've tried your recommendations without success.

I'm currently pairing the headset to an x1 carbon (windows 10) and pixel 2. I attempted to only connect the x1 during the call (assuming maybe the pixel was taking over the mic) and it didn't help.

I was 37 minutes into a Slack call and it dropped all mic again. Had to restart the call.

I also dialed someone on Hangouts for an interview yesterday. It lasted about 14 minutes before the mic dropped and I had to call back. Calling back and everything works fine. No disconnection; no auditory signal from the headset that anything is wrong. The people I speak with will simply stop hearing me.

Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi there @Kman and thanks for getting back to us.

I completely understand how frustrating this would be, and have spent some time looking into this for you. After spending between 15-30 minutes on each call, using 2 different devices and all of the software you have mentioned, I have been unable to replicate this issue through any o the 

As such, I would be suggesting that you look at getting your headphones serviced. This can be done through Bose Support, by selecting your country/region, then scrolling to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

Please reach out when you can!

Liam W 

kman
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Hi Liam,

Thanks for your effort attempting to reproduce this. Unfortunately even when I reproduce there is no data collection to review to provide any meaningful insight as to the cause.

I'm in my 30 day return window so I applied for an RMA. My plan is to just rebuy the headset as I love the product. Hopefully this was a minor quality issue and the 2nd will workout for me. I'll append to this thread with my experience.

Thanks again

kman
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

hiva-
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

Same problem here with the QC 700

I use a laptop with windows 10 pro. Please help... I don't want to return these headphones.

Jessie_O

Hi Hiva-, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this issue. I would recommend trying the troubleshooting already outlined in this thread. If the troubleshooting is unsuccessful, I would recommend reaching out to your local Technical Support Team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. 

I encourage anyone from the Community who has resolved this issue to chime in.

If there is anything thing else we can do please reach out again! 

Kindest,

Jessie O

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!