Nire
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 27, 2019

Bose 700 Headphones bluetooth transmitter on airplane

Hi

Is it possible to connect the 700 headphones with a Bluetooth transmitter on airplance?   If so, which one works well?

Thank you, Nir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Bose 700 Headphones bluetooth transmitter on airplane

Author Accepted Answer selected by Nire

@Nire 

Go to Amazon and search for "bluetooth airplane" - lots of choices.  These are all designed for you to listen to the stuff coming from the display on the seat in front of you without having to use a wire.

For example, the "Amazon Choice" and certainly not the only choice 🙂 would be:
https://www.amazon.com/Twelve-South-Transmitter-Headphones-Entertainment/dp/B07CB24GSV/ref=sr_1_3?ke...

While the 700 is BT 5.x, it will certainly work with 4.1 transmitters.  I think there could be 5.x choices in the search list but it is not obvious to me what BT 5.x would have in this particular situation - especially since you are listening 3 or 4 feet away.

P.S. - you can do the identical search in eBay as well.

8 REPLIES 8
jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

What are you trying to connect to?  If you have a bluetooth capable device that is loaded with pre-recorded music, you should be able to connect to it, etc.

Nire
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 27, 2019

I'm looking for a recommnedation for a dongle that connects to the airplane entertainment system and transmits bluetooth.  The questions were (1) will it work well; (2) is there a specific device that would work welll with the 700 whcih is also Bluetooth 5.0.

Thank you

jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Since bluetooth 5.0 is backward compatible, I think any bluetooth device would work.  Do the airlines allow this?  IDK.

Onymar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

I have purchased the RHA Wireless Flight Adapter that works perfectly with my NC700’s. 

https://www.rha-audio.com/uk/products/accessories/wireless-flight-adapter

Hello everyone, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, when using a Bluetooth connection there would be variables that could not be determined for me to be able to advise you. However, you could you the auxiliary cable that is provided with the Noise-Cancelling Headphones 700, to use a wired connection with the in-flight entertainment.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kind regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Nire
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 27, 2019

Thank you, looks good.

Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by Nire

@Nire 

Go to Amazon and search for "bluetooth airplane" - lots of choices.  These are all designed for you to listen to the stuff coming from the display on the seat in front of you without having to use a wire.

For example, the "Amazon Choice" and certainly not the only choice 🙂 would be:
https://www.amazon.com/Twelve-South-Transmitter-Headphones-Entertainment/dp/B07CB24GSV/ref=sr_1_3?ke...

While the 700 is BT 5.x, it will certainly work with 4.1 transmitters.  I think there could be 5.x choices in the search list but it is not obvious to me what BT 5.x would have in this particular situation - especially since you are listening 3 or 4 feet away.

P.S. - you can do the identical search in eBay as well.

Nire
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 27, 2019

Thank you, this is really helpful