Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magic100
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Bose 700 Headphones - left earcup constant bubble noise

My Bose 700 has constant bubbly noise in left ear cup.

regardless of connection or noise cancelling level.  Impossible to get rid of it. 

‘Has anyone experienced this. 

26 REPLIES 26
Hector_B

Re: Bose 700 Headphones - left earcup constant bubble noise

Hi Magic100, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. I am sorry to hear that you are having this experience and would love to assist you further! 

Can you please attempt to use the headphones on a different device as well as another source to see if this issue still persists? 

I look forward to hearing back from you and if any other community members have had this issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
dsd-7
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

I also have been experiencing a bubbling noise, almost like very faint wind noise in my left earcup.  Just bought these 700 Noice Canceling headphones from Best Buy about 20 days ago.  Just noticed the noise about two days ago, and it's been present now consistantly for the past two days.  I've tried connecting to multiple devices, varying the levels of noise cancelation, etc. with no resolve to this issue.  My headphones have been updated to the newest software through the Bose app.  This issue is quite annoying, and I'd love to discover the fix.  I've owned Bose QC15, QC25, QC35II and now the 700's.  Never experienced this sort of issue with Bose headphones.  Please help, do I have defective headphones?

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello dsd-7,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Noise-Cancelling Headphones 700, this is absolutely something I would be happy to assist you with. Could you please tell me if you have tried any of the suggestions offered by @Hector_B? If not I would suggest testing and also doing a product reset.

To reboot your headset:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

I would also be curious to know if you experience this bubbling noise when you are listening through a wired connection? Does it happen will all audio content you are listening to?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

dsd-7
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Thanks for gettting back to me so quickly.  Yes I have tried the suggestions listed above and recently rebooted the headphones as instructed.  Same issue is present.  I would describe the sound as a very slight bubbling noise coming from my left earcup.  It's not loud enough to hear once music or audio is playing through the headphones, however once the source audio stops and everything is quiet, the bubbling noise is there. 

I am traveling today/tonight and do not have the Bose cable to plug the headphones into the source (phone or laptop) manually, so I can only operate the headphones via Bluetooth at the moment.  I will make sure to try the cable when I get back home tomorrow and see if the noise is still present.  

magic100
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

I can hear it during playback. It is the same loudness regardless of volume settings. 

Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi there @magic100 and @dsd-7 .

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue with all the sources available.

Firstly, can I ask that you both check the wired connections here and see if you are hearing this audio there as well? If so, I would recommend that you check that the ear cushion is secured against the earcup, check the scrim is secure, and that there is no break in the seal of connection.

If this is still playing your audio, I would advise that you reach out to get your headphones serviced. This would be done by clicking here, selecting your country/region, and navigate to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page if needed.

If this is only occurring on a Bluetooth connection, can I ask that you clear the Bluetooth list, then manually update these?

To clear the Bluetooth list, please press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear the prompt that this list has been cleared. Then, choose to "Forget this device" from the Bluetooth settings of the device you're using these with.

Following this, using a USB-A-->USB-C cable, please connect this headset to a computer/laptop. Once done, please click to go to our updater website and follow the instructions listed there to update these manually.

Once updated, please pair back up and test these again.

Please return to me when you can to let me know how you get on!

Liam W

magic100
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

How about you send us each a BOSE 700 that does not have this issue. 

I don’t know how to check for a seal leakage.

expected better quality control. Purchased mine from Airport abroad in cash so don’t have a chance to return them. 

Charlotte_G

Hi magic100, 

I understand that this must be frustrating but we can still validate service options for your headphones if you call our customer service as mentioned above by @Liam_W.

Did you have a chance to test whether this is just with the Bluetooth connection or with the wired also?

Checking the seal is just checking the connection between the pad and the actual earcup, make sure there are no breaks.

Let me know how you get on with this. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
magic100
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

I have returned them and ordered another pair of Bose 700. Will you be adding an EQUALISER feature to the Music App? I understand Bose announced this but can’t find where I saw it.