Apr 7, 2020

Re: Bose 700 Headphones - left earcup constant bubble noise

Any update on the matter ? Did my message reach Bose ? @Vicky_W 

Owen Radnor
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

I posted a message re:the exact same issue in another thread a couple of weeks back, but have not heard anything from the community managers. I understand that it is not their fault that they do not have any new info on this issue, but it is very frustrating that no one from Bose business or engineering departments bothered to comment on the issue that is affecting a lot of people. I had to return the headphones that were rendered completely useless by the cracking noises in the left earcup. And now in the middle of lockdown I am left without a crucial piece of work equipment that I spent £300 on! And the estimate for getting the emplacement is up to 6 (six!) weeks. 

Aviad
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 30, 2020

Same issue here. Left ear makes noise whenever the noise cancelling is on, even when it isn't connected to any devices.

Rafael P.
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2020

I have the same issue , have you recieve a solution?

Please help us with this problem.

Stiian
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

Seems like some people in this thread are reporting on slightly different problems.

I'm experiencing a constant "wind" in one ear. It appears as soon as I hit the power-button to turn it on, before the startup-sound comes.

@Zoe_C and @Charlotte_G I can confirm that this indeed happens with both wired and bluetooth.

In my case, it's the right ear. I have tried with several devices, but to be honest, this noise is appearing before the headset even connects to anything. As soon as it gets power.

This noise does not appear to be an issue with noise cancellation. Everything is still perfectly noise-cancelled. This noise is just a constant "rumbling wind".

Edit: I did a "standard reset" (by holding power-button and plugging in charger etc) as guided on another forum post.

Before the reset, this noise was really loud. It's not a constant frequency of noise, but a "rumbling". You can replicate the same sound by pressing your hand flat onto your ear. That sound of you own blood is pretty close to what I had before the reset, nearly just as loud too.

I initially thought the reset fixed the issue. I can't really hear it in regular outdoor-use. But when I sat down to continue my desktop work, I noticed it. It's still there, just more silent. As if the headset is slightly misplaced over my ear to induce that same blood-sound. But I've tried flipping the headset, and it's definitely a noise coming from it.

Edit 2: Over the next 4-5 hours, it gradually came back as loud as it was.. I'll have to turn them in and request new ones..

Heloise
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

I bought my headphones bose 700 not even 1 week ago and I have the same noise and interference in the left ear...

Honestly at how pricey the headphones are, this is not acceptable. 

renedaniel
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2020

Same problem here. Bought mine yesterday and after a couple hours of listening music the described problems started. First the NC stops working on the left side followed by a loud countinous “bubbleing”. Did a reset, a update, but the problem still exists.

I love the design, but I think I’ll change to a different brand.

Before the 700 I had the QC 35. In two years, three exchanges and uncountable cable exchanges. 

Don’t get me wrong, it was always a great service and a uncomplicated exchange but I don’t want to waste my time again...